Raid DPS @ 100

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Raid DPS @ 100

Post by Piemastaj »

There are posts above proving it is possible lol.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Piemastaj wrote:There are posts above proving it is possible lol.
I didnt question it, acknowledged it :) I have not done such a long parse for some time where we can go all out (iirc).
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Cielli wrote:113kdps over 400 seconds... :?: how.
I have also done these numbers, though the fight was slightly shorter than 400s. With a good burn, and nice support, these numbers are fairly consistent, for me, for 300s. Don't usually get fights that long when full raid force is there, so have not tested for 400s. Kudos to PJ for those parses.

For 1 minute burn we can drop well over 200k. I would say I average 200k - 210k dps if I get full adps support. Have pulled well over 210k dps, for 1 minute, but that comes down to RNG.

A few sample parses since SoF:

/GU Lord Yelinak in 54s, 11325k @209722dps --- Enkel + pets 11325k @209722dps

/GU Luclin in 89s, 16109k @181006dps --- Enkel + pets 16109k @181006dps

/GU Danela Icewind in 64s, 14181k @221589dps --- Enkel + pets 14181k @221589dps

Have done higher, have done lower, just a few parses I found quickly.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I think my problem is my guild frowns upon/bans the use of all swarm pets on most events, So I'm spamming Of many as often as possible & it's often not getting the last & biggest strike. So I'm sort of screwed. I may just resign to Using Spear/rain/rain & give up on these elusive high numbers :(
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Your guild is dumb. And that is not being rude or anything, merely truthful.

They are removing a 33k base nuke from your line-up, which twincasts for 500k+. Not to mention the loss of Garg pet DPS.

It is another case of Raid leaders not knowing about classes. You should inform your Raid Leader about it, or have them send me a tell and I will gladly straighten them out.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I can understand no RSes on certain events or banning other classes from using the stupid gimmicky ones that are more lag and spam than DPS. Your guild is making things harder by saying no to them.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Yeah I've discussed it a bit with one leader, but he doesn't make all the decisions himself. I described the difference between ours and the gimmicky ones, and what ours do... But anytime there's a failed emote ( think chelsith reborn raid ) to stop dmg. & One pet is there.. holy smurf man. It's WTF IS THAT SERVANT DOING!?! Nevermind the millions of damage in dots that continue to roll in, No, it's that one servant who is the cause of all evil and killer of the baby jesus.

I've also told my wizard/mage leader that.. you know, I know how long the mob is going to live ( for example in Kael raid, u dont want servants up after other mobs die, as they can and will fly over and attack torm ) but still, exceptions cannot be made. I half-understand why, but it's annoying when I can't do all the things our class is capable of doing.

Holy smurf one night, I was running to the Pool ( Chapterhouse raid )get the Fire DoT off me, and get rooted by the root dot just before it, so I'm sitting there telling my healer I need a cure/heal, anyway i guess for 10 seconds or something, my pet was attacking marnek ( hes always on hold, but this sometimes happens anyway, usually from ae's, I dont even use a pet now in that event ) One of our leaders flipped a smurf lid, told me to log out for the night.

GD sometimes I wish i was a wizard, they dont have to deal with this crap. there i vented, i feel better
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Cielli wrote:my pet was attacking marnek ( hes always on hold, but this sometimes happens anyway, usually from ae's, I dont even use a pet now in that event )
Greater pet hold, or just pet hold? If not using greater, I would highly advice it. Several mages in my guild were not using ghold, and since they have switched their pet related issues have declined; the only issues being their own fault, not the pet attacking due to AoE. If pet is on ghold, just hit back and summon pet, its instant with a hotkey.

Personally have not had an issue with my pet on CH, but maybe you are encountering a bug, or are not using ghold.
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Nice parses Enkel!
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote:Your guild is dumb. And that is not being rude or anything, merely truthful.
I second that.