Raid DPS @ 100

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: Raid DPS @ 100

Post by Cielli »

Sillaen wrote: Edit: Also, I don't use bunny because it interferes with garg.
You can't click bunny After Garg, but you CAN click it before garg, and then click garg immediately after, fyi, try it.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Ezlano wrote:
Piemastaj wrote: Also not using rains during a weave is hurting your DPS.

Where does the rain fit in due to cast time and refresh?
It fits in after RoF spear. I parsed with ofmany+RoF spear+rain and ofmany+2x spear and the rain weave won out every time even when FC and EU were used which do not modify rains. It actually worked out to being able to fit in a sands occasionally also.

They also fit for most fights that I have seen, but again another choice.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I will be updating that guide soonish, I was holding out til I had some raid parses and not dummy parses.

However we got minimal new things, rains will be pretty much the only adjustment to it. Mainly new spell names and removing RB.

Unless any1 has anything they feel should be added that I have missed.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Are you weaving in therma pet?
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I am actually leaning towards a longer duration spell than sands in 5th spell slot. Doing some short parses sands is firing a lot (becasue we are replacing a 9 sec recast with a 12 sec recast). If your server lag is min and you are awesome weaver you will cast sands (it is only 5 sec recast) as much as of Many even though it is 5th choice since there are that many gaps. You actually will have dead time in your weave depending on what order you put Spear and Rain in your line up (my test were flopping them between 3rd and 4th slots, if rain first your dead time will occur early in the weave, 14th cast, spear is 24th cast but very insignificant). I always used sands to get back to my line up and kill slop time not be a primary DPS spell. It's cast time if filling the gap but not eatting enough time to not cause another gap in just 2 to 3 more cast. I am leaning towards VoA spear in 5th slot. It should force me more into my top four with eatting another second of cast time (and is more DPS than sands anyhow). I still need to test it but thinking this should yield more DPS.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Bolt would probably be better then Spear. Cast and recast will line-up better so Bolt is up sooner and it also has a faster cast time. Not that I would add Bolt to my weave key, but manually put it in so that it will essentially be up whenever you need it to get it in b/t Rain and Garg/ofmany.

Even with Garg>ofmany>2x spear we had dead time. Just need to either be quick on the trigger with a different spell or eat it. With Rains the dead time is a bit longer which is why a sands or possibly Bolt can squeeze in. Anything else will probably cause too much messing up of the standard weave of higher DPS spells. Need to get it so essentially your never missing of many but slightly slow on garg possibly. Of many is still our biggest DMG spell and it needs to be cast ASAP 24/7.

I have been w/o interwebz for a bit, but I had roughly 2.5 seconds to fit in a spell before Rains would be back up. W/o lag a Spear could possibly work, but like I said that is pushing the timing from what I have seen.

Any filler spell probably would be better served manually being cast and not in a weave key, will allow for more flexibility and adjustment with whatever else is up.

As to Thaum, on a sustained fight it should be getting cast. It is a terrible DPS spell though. It is a staple to our mana regen though.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I still need to test it out on some raids, im just using dummy stuff and math and seeing more gaps than i like and goal is to force it back to my main four. Essentially using a longer spell is forcing you to use more or your top four (I cast one spell instead of 2 or 3 sands). Though i can see your point though, if it eats too much time because you are .2 secs away from firing off your main weave you could be losing DPS.

I can kind of see the point of bolt because slight faster but way less DPS than RoF spear for only .2 sec more added. You shouldnt need the shorter recast time spell if you using over a 1.5 sec spell, the rest of your weave will be good. And honestly if i was looking at it that way i might choose fickle just for the random luck recourse (good for when fire core down, though likely to hit a weak spell). It is faster than bolt and essential same DPS (and short recast). I still need to run longer parses on those to see, interesting dilemma though.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I was also figuring in the recast time of Bolt. The cast time is negligible, but the recast time is lower making it more readily available then Spear. Plus it is less mana and more DMG then Fickle w/o risking the bad recourse. To me it would be the better choice to mix into a line-up.

With one Spear and Rains your at: 12-9-9-12 recast times. Adding another 9 sec recast spell will run into problems through out the weave process, a lower recast will alleviate those problems. Not to mention mana pools will be grateful with 1/2 the mana cost of Spear.

Fairly certain we will end up going Garg>Of Many>Spear>Rain>Bolt. 1+.8+1.8+2+1.6=7.2+7.5=14.7 would essentially be 1 full weave played out including the 1.5 sec global recast after each spell. That would set us up perfectly imho to then continue with our weave. The only issue I can forsee is having Of Many up before Garg will repop because of lag, which is where you will want Of Many first then Garg then spear ect.

Fickle would put it at 14.6, again in a good spot. Spear at 14.9. When I used this weave I had roughly 2-3 seconds before Rain would be ready to go, which is where a Bolt would work in. Which again will be where a set weave with this rotation will be quite tricky and require paying attention and not just mindlessly clicking things.

I do enjoy having options to maximize DPS and it will allow for more of an active role in DPSing so you can fully max yourself out.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tatanka7th

Post by tatanka7th »

"including the 1 sec global recast after each spell"

I always thought it was 1.5 seconds. Is it really 1?

Tat
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Actually I think it is 1.5.

with server ticks and lag it does mess with things.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.