Raid DPS @ 100

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Raid DPS @ 100

Post by Piemastaj »

Wizards are well above 150k DPS in 45 seconds.... Seen them higher then 225k DPS. We are also quite a bit above 150k DPS. Necros and us are neck and neck and I generally beat most of my guild Necros on events with proper ADPS.

The Wizard increases were ill-thought. Their sustained does not match their burst. The devs gave them their much needed burst, but did nothing to limit their mana pools meaning they can burn for much longer then what their counter-parts can.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
bucca
Trial Member

Post by bucca »

I am the worst mage, lev 100, 2100 aa and less than 60k hp unbuffed and trying to do raids.

but I hope to improve by doing rain/rain/spear for the dragons. I will use fire pets but I don't know how to use them correctly. also more rs.

I looked at my log in gamparse and it was not very good at all. other mages are more consistent and I feel I am looking at my laces or just dying.

so do you think I should continue to raid or give up and do pottery.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Thanasis wrote:
Cielli wrote:With the introduction of t3 RoF & new spells & AA, we gained a bit of dps with the addition of the new Rain spell ( when we can use it without creating AE problems ), we do more dps doing rain/rain/of many and our mana suatinability went waaay up, as those 3 spells are very efficient, but wizards got a nice dps boost, much better than we did. The best wizard in my guild ( who is very very good ) was neck and neck with me before t3 introduction, I would jockey hard for top dps slot ( not counting necros ) & If he would do 30 million total, I was usually 30 or 31.... with the introduction of t3 Spells, He jumped up to about 35 million, & I'll usually be about 30 million total damage cant use rains for adds ), this is on quick add-switch events, doing a combined parse of all mobs...

On single target burns, I still beat the wizards, but it is very close. & The best necromancer will now beat me significantly ( by 10% ) whereas before, I was neck and neck with him ( our single mob burn fights average 2-3 minutes )

So we're bursting on a single target at around 150kdps for 45-60 seconds, then drop off to about 100kdps by 3 minutes. Wizards are also doing 150kdps for about 45 seconds, then dropping off to about 90kdps by the 3 minute mark. & necros are just a solid 110kdps on any event longer than 60 seconds.

On add-switch events where most mobs are dieing in 5-6 seconds, Mages are doing about 90% of what wizards do overrall through the event ( after t3 release ), previously we did about 100-105% of wizards ( total dmg ), & most other dps classes fall far below both mages and wizards ( 60% of mage/wizard total dmg ) due to mob AC and the inability to switch targets, move to, and attack them like nuke classes can.

Melees do a little better on single mob burn fights than they do on add killing, Good melee classes are floating around 60kdps on 3 minute fights. vs. 100kdps for mages, 95k for wizards, and 110k for necros. Ive seen some zerkers shoot up to 85kdps on shorter events ( 60 seconds or less ) but it seems to be pretty shortlived.

Overrall we are still in good shape, i think the wizard upgrades were in-line with what that class should be capable of, & we still have much better utility than most classes, as well as being the best solo class in the game, killing even faster than necromancers with or without a mercenary, & easily moloing almost any named.

Hooray mage! :D
Seems to be pretty similar to my experiences except for that our wizards hit 175k on burst (sub 1 min) and I as a mage have trouble hitting 150k (euro based doesnt help!).

Maybe we have better wizards and worse magicians though ;)

On Burst you also placed RS later in the weave Cielli? or removed it at all? Because imo fully foccused/crit dmg/crit chance weave with rain/rain/many/spear are all more dmg/dps than RS pet.

Ciao
That parse was servant, forced, servant, then a twincasted rain/rain/of many/spear, without mana reverb, but i think my bard was in range. I only cast the first 2 servants, then i pop improved tc & I dont cast another servant until that & spell twincast have run dry. You're right tho, in an event this short I'd probably have been higher had i not cast servants at all... Dain was sitting too close to king tormax tho & I didnt want to ae torm so i threw out a cpl servants & pray'd someone would move him.... & they did luckily, rains away!

PJ show me your parses.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

/GU Findlewill in 46s, 8018k @174304dps --- Piemastaj + pets 8018k @174304dps.

/GU Findlewill in 48s, 7335k @152803dps --- Piemastaj + pets 7335k @166694dps.

Fairly certain no bard for either of those.

/GU Lord Kreizenn in 254s, 25644k @100960dps --- Piemastaj + pets 25644k @100960dps.

/GU Lord Koi`Doken in 304s, 31736k @104394dps --- Piemastaj + pets 31736k @104394dps.

/GU Jorlleag in 401s, 45490k @113442dps --- Piemastaj + pets 45490k @113442dps.

Probably no bard for either of those. We don't do NToV on regular raid nights so those are with lots of alts.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

113kdps over 400 seconds... :?: how.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Seeing similiar to PJs parses on sustained (I'd say similiar on burst but don't have any recent fights (after ethereal manipulation got fixed) that are under a minute, just eyeballing it off real time parse). Just rotate through you abilities. If it is going to be a long fight i tend to abuse spell twincast before improve TC simply because I know I will get to use it again. Abuse all your clickies in timely manner (aka don't just click it, click it if not stacking issues or eatting a improved TC charge). Watch for things to repop. I melee as well unless I can't (to proc the melee proc off the weap, or shammy/bard proc), since our spell crit mods apply to those as well. The other side of it is aDPS and your ping (which are outside your control for most part). If your ping stinks, going to hurt you in either sustained or burst. If the raid isn't organized in firing off aDPS TB/MGBs your parse will suffer.
cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

How can you melee and not get hit by rain spells? I find whenever I am close to the mob I get hit with rain... so I back away and not get hit- but now am out of melee range. Or do you not use rains when you melee?
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

cicely wrote:How can you melee and not get hit by rain spells? I find whenever I am close to the mob I get hit with rain... so I back away and not get hit- but now am out of melee range. Or do you not use rains when you melee?
I use rains and melee, I resist them 99% of the time. **Hint** Don't let the caps on resist fool you, get buffs for resist and surprisenly you resist that spell type more. But I have no issues raining and standing next to the mob.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Cielli wrote:113kdps over 400 seconds... :?: how.
There is a guide I wrote up on these boards. I do everything there. Buffs/Burns Raid or something is the title.

Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

just did a 167k on Luclin last night, 50 seconds.

With well timed support dps and recycled pet 100k+ over a long period is possible i suppose.