Raid DPS @ 100

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Re: Raid DPS @ 100

Post by Fleiss »

I will likely parse both out. You can add up the total of your weave but with two different cast timers it will get out of order very quickly and the first cast timer doesnt add into it due to the fact no recast timers are running. So it would be 13.7 off of your math. Which should still should work well with waht you are trying to do.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

No, but you will be casting it more then once lol. Which is where the recast timers come through. Was merely showing how it would be for an entire weave, not exact timers how things would pan out. You would get the recast on Bolt though, transitioning into your second weave.

On a normal burn it would be: 1+1.5+.8+1.5+1.8+1.5+2+1.5+1.6=13.2, then going into your next weave the additional 1.5 gets added into it from the Bolt cast to get the 14.7. Fickle would be 13.1 and Spear would be 13.4. On just the initial weave.

Like I said setting a multibind key with a 5th nuke will not be smart. It will need to be manually weaved into there to ensure the maximum amount of casts on other spells.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Yeah I understand that but your weave breaks after first time through unless you wait for it to repop in order. So the formula does nothing after first wave.

On your last point, that is why I said I would probably push into using something with longer cast timer than sands. I wasn't seeing the spells in my bind being used more than sands. If I added a longer cast timer spell I am seeing of many get a lot more cast, which would be the goal overall. Whether to bind it or not, that I am unsure of. I will have to run some parses and charts of when spell x or y will be avaliable after first run. I don't like too much slop time in my line up if I can help it, I guess I need to stare down my spell bar more if I am not going to put it in a bind.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

From last night... :D

Also did 113k Dps vs. Krezin? in like 75 seconds. but then he ate my face :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

I'm consistently hitting 50k+ DPS on raids using RS, Spear, Spear, Rain, Of Many with all the usual AA goodies for DPS and pet used upon refresh.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Mintalee wrote:I'm consistently hitting 50k+ DPS on raids using RS, Spear, Spear, Rain, Of Many with all the usual AA goodies for DPS and pet used upon refresh.
If that is your weave order, you need to change it. Of Many should come after RS. It should look like RS, of Many, RoF Spear, Rain. Than you will still have some slop time and you will have to decide whether you bind another spell or have a spell ready for you to manually enter that spell when too much cooldown time.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Would it be more efficient to weave in FoE in the multibind and use orb during that downtime instead of possibly throwing off your timers with a 5th? I know FoE casts on global but its up often and uses those times where there is a gap also. I just see adding a 5th to the weave like sands fireing to much in the multibind
Last edited by Summerfrost on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Having force in your multibind hurts your DPS. Had this happen with a Mage in my guild, consistently he was much lower because it takes precedent over spells.

Like was said a 5th nuke will likely be more of a detriment then a benefit in a weave. Manual will be better IMHO.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Summerfrost wrote:Would it be more efficient to weave in FoE in the multibind and use orb during that downtime instead of possibly throwing off your timers with a 5th? I know FoE casts on global but its up often and uses those times where there is a gap also. I just see adding a 5th to the weave like sands fireing to much in the multibind

GCD is for any clickies, dont add them to your bind like Pj mentioned.

I wouldnt use sands as the fifth rather if it is in your bind or not. It is quick but it is not killing enough of the slop time (if you are using rains in your line-up). It is pretty low DPS overall. You need to kill a little more time and your weave spells you want to fire the most will be avaliable and you eliminate the slop time. If it is in your bind it will fire as much as your other spells, so not getting you back to your line-up. I would probably listen to Pj over me as well I am just throwing thoughts out there that lack the testing. If you can focus on you cooldowns than knowing to wait .2 secs for one of your top four will be more effective than casting 5th slot. I main just want to look into how much slop time we have with this. Also your slop time will vary depending on your computer/internet, server lag, etc.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

What are you parsing at in a 3 minute fight PJ?