Vapor core + First spire + Glyph of Courage?

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Cielli
Conjurer

Vapor core + First spire + Glyph of Courage?

Post by Cielli »

I don't have the Veteran reward Intensity of the resolute, I was wondering, when doing a burn in which I'm casting a spear minimally ( of many/rain/rain & an occasional spear to fill dead-time ) Might I benefit more by Using Vapor Core, First Spire, & Glyph of courage, rather than my current burn of First Spire, Fire Core, & Glyph of destruction.

Most events I'm running a bard only for adps, so I have my base crit rat ( 40%'ish percent? ) + First spire ( 21%? ) Plus Vesagran maybe, and fierce eye sometimes. So I'm not even close to near 100% crit rate... Plus Rains and Of Many are not affected by fire core, from what I've read, soooo... I don't know. Might vapor core be a better choice? It has the same type of effect as glyph of destruction i believ? albeit at a different rate, tho im not se what our innate bnus to crits is already, and I'f I might not need the 50% increase from cataclysm ( if 27% from vapor capped me ) & would benefit more by using Glyph of courage, since im not at my crit rate cap.

It's all very confusing... I was reading this http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=24&t=184 .... but I'm still not sure I'm putting things together correctly.
Cielli
Conjurer

Re: Vapor core + First spire + Glyph of Courage?

Post by Cielli »

Critical Damage Modifiers

SO we hav a base rate from destructive fury of like 75 plus percent, right? But does this cap at 100? IE: If I'm using Glyph of desruction, am i really only getting a 20-25% benefit to bring me to cap, and would I benefit more by using vapor core to fill that Crit dmg Mod Cap, and instea Popping Glyph of courage to try and approach my crit rate cap?

I'm also basing some of my assmptions here ont he fact that 'Of Many' is not benefitting from Fire Core, bc of this ..
Voragath wrote: I don't think flames of power will work on rains or multi-hit spells like xxx of many, it isn't supposed to. Flames of power will get used on an RS cast too so be mindful of that.

Fire core ONLY works on fire spells by the way, whereas Elemental Union works on all spell types. Be mindful of that as well when deciding which to hit for the extra firepower.
but cora only mentions Flames of power, not fire core... So I dunno.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Btw is there any benefit to using Union if you have T3 Raid sleeves? unions like 45-100%? & so are the sleeves?
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Iirc glyph of courage doesnt stack with Auspice, which you should be getting from MGB rangers, and auspice is 27% orso.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Auspice is a short duration buff...? Allah/lucy says 6 ticks. SO thats something which would be cast 'during' the event? is it subject to extension aa's... how long is it going to last?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Cielli wrote:Auspice is a short duration buff...? Allah/lucy says 6 ticks. SO thats something which would be cast 'during' the event? is it subject to extension aa's... how long is it going to last?
I think it does, but can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check later. Auspice should be in a MGB rotation from your rangers, so with 4 rangers you'll have it for at least 2.5+ mins.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

There is so much misinformation in this thread idk where to begin.

We have a 40% base crit chance+21% from First=61%. Vesagran is a 12% crit chance, Auspice is 27%, Illusions of Grandeur is a 10% crit chance increase, Fierce Eye is 10%, Glyph of Courage is 15%, Black wolf is a 12% crit chance. Glyph of the Cataclysm increase crit DMG by 160% of base.

Vapor Core gives 126% increase to Crit Spells while First Spire gives a 100% increase to crit spells. When merely eyeballing it on a test dummy our rain crits go up by about 300 DMG when you have Vapor Core on. From like 73k to 76k. Now Spear and Of Many benefit from Fire Core which is a 75-125% modifier and can be used with First Spire (Vapor Core and First stack also).

Crit DMG doesn't have a Cap at 100%. You can go above 100% on a Crit DMG mod. Crit chance does because you simply can not crit more then every time you cast, it is impossible.

Sleeves and Union are 2 different rolls. They stack and are used together when determining the outcome of your nuke.

Auspice can be enhanced by buff extension AAs. I believe as long as the crit chance are not on the same slot they should stack also. You can use Lucy to determine what slots.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Cielli wrote:Critical Damage Modifiers

SO we hav a base rate from destructive fury of like 75 plus percent, right? But does this cap at 100? IE: If I'm using Glyph of desruction, am i really only getting a 20-25% benefit to bring me to cap, and would I benefit more by using vapor core to fill that Crit dmg Mod Cap, and instea Popping Glyph of courage to try and approach my crit rate cap?

I'm also basing some of my assmptions here ont he fact that 'Of Many' is not benefitting from Fire Core, bc of this ..
Voragath wrote: I don't think flames of power will work on rains or multi-hit spells like xxx of many, it isn't supposed to. Flames of power will get used on an RS cast too so be mindful of that.

Fire core ONLY works on fire spells by the way, whereas Elemental Union works on all spell types. Be mindful of that as well when deciding which to hit for the extra firepower.
but cora only mentions Flames of power, not fire core... So I dunno.
Fire Core and Flames of Power are different effects and work in different ways. Fire Core affects all fire spells while active whereas Flames of Power affects the base damage of the next spell cast. Rains and xxx of Many are multihit so where would the base go? Flames of Power is the proc from our "fickle" line.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Piemastaj wrote:Sleeves and Union are 2 different rolls. They stack and are used together when determining the outcome of your nuke.
Voragath wrote:EQ will use the highest focus. So when FC is active, it'll use that focus. Think it goes by max value for the focus but I'm not positive. FC will override EU so, while you can activate both, you won't get both focii. This includes worn focus; eg. when FC or EU are active, that will be used over your worn focus.
Which is true? Maybe I'm misreading what voa is saying, but it sounds like he's saying the highest focus overrides all others, whre as pj says they in some way work cumulatively.

so for example.. I'm curently using t1 raid sleeves... If I upgraded to t3 sleeve focus, would that have any effect on my damage while fie core is running? or only after it's worn off?

thanks for clearing things up for me.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Vora is saying that Fire Core will take precedent over Elemental Union because it has a higher focus.

I am saying that sleeves and Fire Core, Elemental Union, bard song ect are 2 different focus lines. Sleeves are 1 roll on a nuke then your Fire Core-Elemental Union-Bard will be the second roll. They work together to get the final outcome of your nuke.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams