Mage HoF weapon - Group and raid preview

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Re: Mage HoF weapon - Group and raid preview

Post by Fleiss »

Something tells me we got hosed on this one. The last attempt at this wasn't very good. I figure it will fall into the gimmicky cat unless the pets are really strong. Still will be situational at times when mobs AE and can cause you non controlled pet to hit wrong mobs. We shall see but doubt I strive to get this one. That and I am pretty much on a 2Her kick and doubt the pet outdoes the procs on those.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I am going to try on our next raid to get the weapon to do some rough parsing before Beta is over. Unlikely but here is hoping.

The wall we need to break through here is a 5k proc when it crits. So if it say procs 6 times in a minute period (probably being generous here) that is 30k DMG that is automatic (no ramp time) and can not die. So say the pet procs 6 times in that same minute it needs to make up 30k DMG regardless if it dies or not, and even if it does meet the 30k mark is it worth it? Nuking is the far safer route imho.

Now if the pet is like a mini garg in terms of DPS, it will be a nice boon to our DMG and be worthwhile. If your raid leaders don't like them, then they have issues with Gargs also and that is a whole other terrible issue I do not care to get into.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

The last thing we need is another spell proc. We can only cast approximately 16 spells a minute as it is, and with the plethora of procs we already have, new procs just compete with the good ones we already have. Even though this proc might fire 6 times a minute in the absence of any other procs, considering all the other procs we have, we would be lucky to see it fire even once a minute. Unless we get some type of "twin proc" ability, these gimmicky procs add virtually no added benefit or dps over what we currently have.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You're not adding to your current procs, you are replacing a current proc.

There is nothing wrong with more procs, nor with unique procs. This proc, if it does out parse the T3 wep, will be beneficial to our Of Many line of casting as well as a DMG proc. A regular DD proc does nothing but DMG.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams