beta nda has been lifted

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: beta nda has been lifted

Post by dorfillya »

sharrien wrote:From the posted Test server update:

- Magician - Increased the proc bonus for Maloseniac Eminence.
- Magician - Increased the damage dealt by Eminent Strike but removed the reflected Prism Skin cast.

So, they removed Prism Skin from our new pet proc spell? Am I reading this right? If that is the case, I cannot think of a circumstance when I would prefer Maloseniac over the traditional buff that give some protection to our pets.
Grouping, where your pet is not the tank, you might want to use the new spell. If you pet is tanking, or almost any raid, I would agree that I still want the old spell.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Even grouping using this spell would be extremely rare for me. I usually duo my beast and mage. The beast mostly tanks but tanking multiple adds or rares falls to the pets. When I need them to tank I usually need them on it Right Freakin Now and there wouldn't be time for memorizing iceflame and buffing my pet with a different proc.

Was actually looking forward to using this spell but not any more.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

sharrien wrote:From the posted Test server update:

- Magician - Increased the proc bonus for Maloseniac Eminence.
- Magician - Increased the damage dealt by Eminent Strike but removed the reflected Prism Skin cast.

So, they removed Prism Skin from our new pet proc spell? Am I reading this right? If that is the case, I cannot think of a circumstance when I would prefer Maloseniac over the traditional buff that give some protection to our pets.

I really hope that isn't true. That was one of the few things i was looking forward to. In theory if you just DPSing it is great but the recourse always helped keep pet alive longer, AKA dead pet does no DPS. So unless it is significant proc, wasted spell.