Malosinete AA

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Malosinete AA

Post by Fleiss »

Ok, I do not mind this AA upgrade. But is it really the intent to be stronger than the spell version? Wouldn't be an issue other than you lose the 10% to magic spell damage bonus on the AA. AKA someone uses the AA version you can overwrite it with spell version with this mod. Some people won't care but if you raid this is an effect you want. I do not want the AA weaker, but the spell stronger, though i can see how SoE will look at this. But overall with new pet proc the AA is needed less IMO.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Re: Malosinete AA

Post by deadman1204 »

The spell has some advantages over the AA

1: +10% magic based spells for everyone
2: Lasts 20.5 minutes vs 2 minutes. On named fight or raid fights, your gonna have to keep recasting the AA. Plus, there will be a caster dps fall off when the AA fades before it's removed due to the change in resists
3. If your first cast is resisted, you can keep recasting. For the AA, you have to wait like a minute to attempt to cast again (30 seconds if you max hasten it)
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

deadman1204 wrote:The spell has some advantages over the AA

1: +10% magic based spells for everyone
2: Lasts 20.5 minutes vs 2 minutes. On named fight or raid fights, your gonna have to keep recasting the AA. Plus, there will be a caster dps fall off when the AA fades before it's removed due to the change in resists
3. If your first cast is resisted, you can keep recasting. For the AA, you have to wait like a minute to attempt to cast again (30 seconds if you max hasten it)
Ahh that is exactly my point. BUT you can no longer overwrite the AA with the spell. So on a raid, you cant add the +10% to magic or have one up for the duration of a lot of fights.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

oh, didnt notice the lack of overwritting, that could be a problem. How can it be fixed besides nerfing the entire line though?