RoS Lvl 110 Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Sancus
Conjurer

RoS Lvl 110 Spells

Post by Sancus »

Ring of Scale beta is opening on the 25th of October, I thought I'd post some preliminary info.

Beta was patched for the first time yesterday. There isn't anything too exciting; no AAs were patched, only spells. The spells appear to be direct copy/pastes of previous spells with "New" as a prefix (e.g. New Spear of Molten Shieldstone). They'll likely get named later. Most spells received a ~21% increase in base damage and a ~20% increase in mana cost. I will highlight some instances where the damage/mana increase spells got deviated from that norm. First, a table of the spells (all values from Rk. III spells in each level range):

Some comments:
  • Currently there is no upgrade to Firebound Orb
  • Malosenete (and Skin to Seedlings) received a 1% increase in their minimum focus roll. They're now 2-10% and 2-12% respectively
  • They didn't upgrade any Alliance spells
  • Chaotic received a slightly larger than normal upgrade to its base damage, ~25% (vs ~21%)
  • Storm received a larger than normal increase in its mana cost, ~37% (vs ~20%). This is a notable decrease in it's ratio, and might be intended to increase our mana usage on raids.
  • RS received a larger than normal increase in its mana cost, ~26% (vs ~20%).
  • Chaotic's mana return proc received a smaller than normal increase in its mana return, ~15% (vs ~21%, Wizard's Claw got a ~37% increase for reference)
  • There is not (currently) an upgraded version of Flames of Power. It is still rank IV (60-150%)
  • Gather Magnitude got an upgrade, but it was only ~21% over its level 100 version, so it's really bad.
  • Our pet heals/defensives received a larger than normal increase; Renewal of Calix was increased ~26% (vs ~21%), Promised Invigoration ~38% (vs ~21%), and Shieldstone Stance ~38% (vs ~21%)
There's at least one interesting change in the dbstr_us file so far too, but I don't parse that information myself so I'm not going to post it. If you're curious, though, you can either find a manual way to compare changes to that file or get an EQResource premium membership (they post the changes to the spells_us and dbstr_us files daily).

Hopefully AA info will get patched soon.
Sancus
Conjurer

Re: RoS Lvl 110 Spells

Post by Sancus »

Unfortunately I made at least a few errors while entering data for that spreadsheet; I made it around 2 AM right when they first patched beta which was probably a bad call. Since there's no edit feature on this forum (not really sure why), here's a new post with the updated spreadsheet:

Some corrections to my comments:
  • Chaotic did not receive a higher than normal base damage upgrade
  • Storm did not receive a higher than normal mana cost increase
  • RS did not receive a higher than normal mana cost increase
Beta's opening Wednesday but AAs still haven't been patched; hopefully that will change soon.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Re: RoS Lvl 110 Spells

Post by Adonhiram »

Have fun with beta and enjoy later RoS, live mages ! I hope our class is decently treated in the newest expansion beside the pet nerf several months ago.