Rathe Faction

Magician related/specific quests.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Rathe Faction

Post by Yaddab »

So, I discover that my level 83 Cauldron spell is earned from Rathe Faction in what is basically an 85 zone, I think anyway. (Lovely SOE, I can geTwincast but not Cauldron *scream*)

I am 82, with 800 and some AAs - can someone suggest any tasks that I may be able to work on there while I AA and faction. I know there are tasks listed on Allah and Raspers, but really I am looking for a suggestion as to something I could solo/molo with a J4 merc. I don't know the zone well at all at this stage, I think I have done the really easy 1st progression quest but that is about it !

Thanks for any input
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Rathe Faction

Post by svenalo »

Kill the pigs and do the quest where you whack the ward sergeants and turn in gems they drop to the gobby by the bridge.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I basically did 4 tasks, every 6hrs (the length of their lock out). Easily done with a merc (though it helps to have Companion of Necessity AA incase you get an unwanted add (like a general, eep!)).

Against the Grain
Blurik's Toil
Fregg's Challenge
Beetle Wrangling

You can do more tasks if you commit time to do them, I just found these four to be quick and easy, something I could do every 6hrs that didn't eat up all my time.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

If you do the quest arc for the familiar, you'll get almost all the faction you need.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

There are a few tasks in Warrens as well. Find your Allies (non-repeatable) and Retinue of the Frog-god (repeatable) are pretty simple. The first one requires no kills and the frogs for the second one can be single pulled to a safe area right outside their cave. Whom Frogs Destroy is simple for a mage if you have someone go with you, just have your partner approach invised and click CoH, he will drop invis and attempt to hail just before CoH lands. Try it enough times and you will complete it that way risk-free. These also have the advantage of raising your Toskirak Slaves faction which is required to initiate the instanced tasks in Tosk. You can also do Darkhammer Supply Run from the dorfs in the east of the zone, but they can be a pain to get to (patrolling mephits see invis).
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre