Elementalist

Epic 2.0 Walkthrough

Post by Andorrabell »

Epic 2.0 Walkthrough:

Epic 2.0
Mod Note: Official Walkthru, when its updated, will be at

http://web.archive.org/web/200611261229 ... guide.html

Completing Epic 1.5 gives you this text:

Bantil Io`Tuv says 'Very well done! You have accomplished more than Magi'Kot could have ever imagined.' He then reads a passage from one of the books. The elemental essences begin to glow and take shape. You are blinded for a moment with a flash of light, when your eyes clear he presents you with an ornate staff. 'You should be honored. You have done what few have even dreamed of. In creating this staff, it has become apparent to me that there is still [further] to go.''

You say, 'further'
Bantil Io`Tuv says 'Yes, this item represents the peak of elemental power for this realm, but in its creation I was given the gift of a vision. I saw a brief glimpse of the true power of the staff, and the next level of ascension, the next stone in your path resides in Discord. My companion, Iilivina has spent some time studying the nature of magic there. She may be able to help you find what you need, show her your new weapon, hopefully she may have some insight into how this ties into Discord. You are in the midst of a great journey, good travels.'

Iilivina is in Dranik Scar.

You say, 'Hail, Iilivina'
Iilivina says 'The magic here is quite unique. I am thrilled I've had the opportunity to study it.'

After I gave her the Staff:

Iilivina says 'My goodness, I did not realize you were the one [Bantil] sent to me! This is truly amazing! I was shocked when Magi'Kot's dream had been realized. I never thought it would be surpassed. My, so much focused elemental energy. This is truly amazing. You have accomplished quite a feat.'
You say, 'bantil'
Iilivina says 'Yes, Bantil told me you would be coming. Perhaps we can help each other. There are two tribes of elemental beings here. They have an unprecedented ability to channel elemental energy. I have yet to see one with my own eyes, but they may just contain [power] that will help you unleash the staff's true power '
You say, 'power'
Iilivina says 'They use the elements in a way we have yet to understand. I suspect something in their essence that allows them to tap into the elements in a different manner than we understand. If my suspicions are true, these creatures should leave behind a small portion of their essence, when their spirits leave their bodies. If you find anything like that, bring it to me. They may be rather small, so bring me two from each type for good measure.'

Pyrilen Essence and Gildean Essence drops of random mobs in Riftseekers.
Pyrilen on "fire" mobs upstairs, and the other on "ice" mobs downstairs.

Handing in 2 Pyrilen Essence and 2 Gildean Essence (sp?) to Iilivina (in DS)

Iilivina grinds the small crystals into a fine powder, 'This is like nothing I have ever seen. It will take some time for me to analyze this, but thank you. I have more here than I will need. Take this pouch to Bantil, along with this note. If he doesn't know how this will help you, he may know someone who does.'

Recieved:
Pouch of Powdered Riftseeker Essence
Note from Iilivina

Giving those to Bantil (in Pok)

Bantil Io`Tuv unrolls the note and reads it to himself, 'Interesting. Well, I'm not sure I can do anything with this, but if you take this to Transon in Twilight sea, he may be able to understand it a little better.'

Recieved:
Small pouch of Riftseeker Essence

Giving that to Vornol Transon (in Twilight Sea)

Vornol Transon furrows his brow for a little bit as he mixes the powder in a small flask. 'This is most intriguing. There is nothing here that represents elemental magic as we understand it. These beings seem to use different means to channel their power. Let's see. . . Chaos represents fire, Order corresponds to Water, Air is channeled by Spirit, and. . . hmmm. . . Yes! There it is! Earth ties with Body. There you are, Chaos, Order, Spirit, and Body, those are the primal elements, and I suspect they are the key to unlocking the full potential of your new staff there. Which is quite nice if I do say so myself. If you find essences of the Primal elements you may want to speak with Bantil again. He should have some insight on how to complete your journey. Iilivina has been in Discord long enough, she may have some insight as to where these essences can be located.

Note: Essence of Chaos, Order, Spirit, and Body

In DS at Iilivina again:

You say, 'Hail, Iilivina'
Iilivina says 'Hello again. So, you are looking for the Primal Elemental essences? That has a nice ring to it Transon has always had a penchant for the dramatic. I do not believe that you will find these beings in Discord however, if they exist at all. I do believe that your staff will resonate when you approach the creatures, so travel the world you know. Elementals tend to gravitate to areas that reflect their element best, I don't see why the [Primals] would behave any differently.'
You say, 'primals'
Iilivina says 'Were I to venture a guess, I'd say look for Chaos near the ruins of a fallen empire, as order would tend to oppose chaos, I would look for the Order elemental near the ranks of a well regimented army, probably an ancient army, it is a creature of prestige. The Spirit elemental would find someplace where death and decay have a strong foothold. The Body Elemental may be the most elusive, as there is life everywhere. I would assume that its strong ties with this realm would pull it to a place where there are Muramites. When you find them, bring their remains to me and I'll see what else needs to be done.'

Notes:
Chaos: near the ruins of a fallen empire
DreadLands - Red Glow - "First building to the left"

Your staff begins to glow.
The red gem on your staff glows.
The red gem on your staff radiates heat.
You see the burning manifestation of Chaos appear before you.

First pyramid on the left hand at the huge combine spires, when comming from the DL tunnel.
On top of the pyramid, looks like a fire element.

Chaos Element
AE: Chaos Affliction (50% neg Spell haste, 200Hp Dot, 200 neg Atk, 16 Curse Counters)
Hits or 2800ish, Chaos Epidemic Proc.

"Tried Chaos last night about 50 or so very very well equiped people, very good players too, we got it to 8%, we got owned, this is no jk mob, the mob charms people,, who in turn charm people, its messy, its not nice"

Order: near the ranks of a well regimented army, probably an ancient army, it is a creature of prestige
HoH - Blue Glow - ?
Got the second message in SW corner temple, the one with Yellow cons before OoW.

Confirmed: Spawns in bottom room.

"I went to do a suicide test in HoH, was 3 see invis between the outside and the room. I got on a horse, invised and ran for it, the first 2 see invis didn't agro. The last one was inside the 3rd room and did agro, my pet held it off while i ran around to spawn the essence. Order Elemental spawned, was kos, max hit 2177, i lived through about 7 hits never saw it cast anything. By the time i ran back it was despawned, i had a rogue waiting near by to drag and rez me."

Spirit: someplace where death and decay have a strong foothold
CoD - Purple Glow - ?
Thinking the "cave" area north.
Spirit Elemental looks like air pet ,cons even to me so is lvl 70 max hit was 1089 Rampages,no AE ,very low hps,casts Spiritual Possesion.

"attemped Spirit Elemental, getting around Carpin was a pain but we fought back and he spawn just where he was said to before. I had 10 people in the raid: (rogue, warrior, chanter, cleric, bard, me, necro, ranger and 2 healer bots) wasn't much dps. we pulled him, he hit for 1090, Procs the charm not casts. We got him to 25% before we wiped, 4 or 5 people were charmed when we wiped, he walked back to his spawn point with all his new pets"

Body: a place where there are Muramites

"Spawns in Ferubi inside the room to the west of Packmaster's room, lvl 70,hits for 1k,flurries.Has 1 AE Visions of Pain every min and a DD AE every 30sec Searing Pain ,very gimp hps,got him down to 25% just under 2 min with less than 2 groups,we wiped cuz we didnt know what to expect and our 2 clerics didnt have rgc or group heals properly set up,we had a raid to attend so we didnt try again yet. "

"Spawns in Ferubi inside the room to the west of Packmaster's room, lvl 70 doesnt see invis,hits for 1k,flurries.Has 1 AE Visions of Pain every min and a DD AE every 30sec Searing Pain ,very gimp hps,got him down in a min or so,1-2 groupable depending on the classses you have,txevu geared peeps just gotta survive the AE's long enought,make sure to clear the room first then step in invis to spawn him when your friends are rdy,low agro range so you have time to do last minute buffs before engaging,drops Element of Body ,no chest :(."

-------------------------- New Info below -----------------------

Thoughts on them are based on Tacvi/Anguish guild members.

Ferubi: Easy 1 group kill as it has no HP. Did seem pretty resistant to spells from what I remember so melee dps does better than caster dps. The AE's where of little issue (for me anyway) as you can soak up the first Visions of Pain AE by having the tank charge in with DA and everyone else hides behind the wall. GCH solves the DD AE problem. It should be dead or near dead by time it gets to cast a 2nd Visions AE.

CoD: Probably doable with 1 group (2 melee's probably good in case 1 gets charmed). I had 15 people with me and it died in 30 secs or so and was massive overkill. Very little issue with this mob as it has no HP, just max DPS it out. It was resistant to Fire based spells so use Magic (not sure on Cold resists) on it as they landed for full everytime.

HoH: Hits for 2200'ish I beleive (not sure of exact max hit but its nothing huge) and does nothing else besides the 10 min recast AE that takes off 1k hp and mana and overwrites Clairvoyance (so rebuff after AE if using low numbers). Flurries occasionally and has single target Rampage . Has a large amount HP and it took just over 4 mins to die with 29 people. Probably killable with 2 to 3 groups just depends how long mana can last as its melee is nothing special. It really depends on class make up though (ie do you have necros for Mindwrack there + a bard)

DL: Is just a Yxtta Mindrider clone with it been maybe slightly higher difficulty. Had high 30's with me last night and it died on first attempt (though was close in the end as was running out of melee's to be charmed). If you can kill Mindrider then you know exactly what this mob does. The Chaos Affliction AE has little effect given the spell slow only effects CH really and CH is not tthat useful in a fight with procced charm. No adds, no damaging AE just deal with the charm proc and you win. Melee was 2700'ish but for guilds capable of killing Hanvar 2700 melee is nothing special. Took us around 6 mins to kill with 38 people.

You get chests (with standard Epic 2 loot in) for HoH and DL mobs.

After doing the hand in to the High Elf in Draniks Scar the text (will post it later when I extract from log) seems to suggest you need to get a Globe of Discordant Energy and then hand Globe+Epic 1.5 into Bantil.

Given the rate we get Globes at the moment and the way we allocate them I will be lucky to see one before the end of December (unless we manage to kill more Globe dropping mobs than just Hanvar) so most likely will be awhile before I can progress further.

Edit: Just something I thought to add after reading about the above 2 group attempt at HoH mob. We always set a rampage tank on mobs where we don't know if it rampages. So send in a war using Fort or DA'ed knight to charge unknown mobs. That way if it does single target rampage (which is a killer if you don't set the rampage list) then you have it on a War/Knight from the start, just the people you want it on.

Added some clarification to the HoH and DL fight. Not sure on max hit though still as never had other hits on and didn't bother asking tank.

Text you get back from Iilivina after turning in the 4 Primal element drops:

Iilivina says 'You work so fast! Amazing work you have done.' She looks at the 4 essences for a moment, 'Yes, these can probably be used to bind to your staff, but we'll need some sort of binding. Something that can be used to keep large amounts of energy bound together. I have no idea where you'd find such a thing, but if you do bring it to Bantil with your staff, and he'll be able to finish your journey.'

I beleive she is referring to Globe of Discordant Energy so turn in Globe + Epic 1.5 to Bantil and get either Epic 2 back or some other message saying where the final fight is.

Last edited by Celecar on Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:31 pm; edited 12 times in total
Mystos

Re: Epic 2.0 Walkthrough

Post by Mystos »

The original mage tower link still works (only the forums are down, so if you know the links for the guide pages they work)
http://www.eqsummoners.com/eq1/epic2/
Eandori Raintree
Elementalist

Post by Eandori Raintree »

Important note: If you are a VERY well geared/AA 76 mage, or an averagely equipped/AA 81 mage, you can solo nearly the entire Mage Epic 1.5 quest. The only 2 things you need help with are the Earth elemental fight (can probably solo at 81...) and the Air Elemental Fight (probably should have 1 group to be safe.)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

These days, you should be able to solo the 1.5

I however would bring a friend or 2 to the Fire elemental fight in case anything goes wrong. Even though it should be relatively easy, I'd hate to have to re-farm the pieces. Farming sucks.
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

What would be good type 4/8 augs to place in the epic 2.0 for a solo mage?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I used Gem of Bolstered Power in my type 4 epic slot, just cause I had no interest in a dmg or proc aug. This is really easy to farm. Just request a tipt instance in Barindu, clear/invis up to the cragbeast event (just 8 super easy baby crags that spawn a matriarch when they die, who is also super easy at 85) and always drops an aug. If it's not the aug you want, drop the task and request another. Takes a grand total of about 10-15min to do a cragbeast run. You could also go for one of the +resists augs from the DoN vendors, but thats not much help if you're already maxed out with resists.

For the type8 a really easy thing to get is an anguish aug :) Preferably the 150/125 one or the 125/150 one . Or if you can find someone flagged to request the task and a little help clearing, the Blood-fueled Ragestone (two different versions, Blood-fueled Ragestone ). They drop off of trash in the Sullon Zek raid instance. They don't hit too hard (1500-2kish iirc) and usually get one or two per clearing - only downside is they're stupidly resistant to spells and 5min rest timers >.<
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

Which quest would i request for this?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Find Apprentice Udranda in Barindu and tell her you wish to go to Tipt. She will have her golem stone worker open the way. These treacherous crags are teeming with muramites and wildlife, neither of which will be particularly welcoming.
From the Allakhazam page for Tipt.

Here's the mob description from the beastiary.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=15145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;