AA path dps

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
maggymay

AA path dps

Post by maggymay »

Hiyas i just added an mag as my 3rd bot she will be used purley as dps . was wondering which aa was most important for pure dps . Mage is 85 with 1k aa gear not a problem she is mixture of t8 an t9 gear. An anything else besides finishing epic i should concentrate on. Ive been grindin away at fos faction an should have that knocked out soon.
Thanks Maggymay
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: AA path dps

Post by Merlaina »

I'd say if you're going for pure DPS for a box go for AAs in roughly this order:

Frenzied burnout to 2
Quick damage
Pet flurry
Pet crit
Spell crit chance
spell crit damage
Fire core
hastened burnout
extended burnout
extended RS
hasten RS

There's a good bit of wiggle room in there, for example I would get a few points in pet flurry, then pet crit, then the spell crit lines, and then go back and add more to flurry, etc. In fact I'd say you'd want to max the burnout support AAs and RS support AAs before finishing your pet support and spell support lines, just because at the higher ranks they provide diminished returns for the AA investment (except spell crit chance actually goes back up a good bit at rank 12 or 13 I think). Check Wired's post "Critical Conditions" in the library for details as to how much each rank raises your spell crit chance and crit damage. Also you'll want at least the first 3 ranks of spell casting subtlety in there somewhere. If you're at 1K AA you likely have most of this already, but I would still finish these out before going after things like host of elements and servant of ro. Those become fairly good once maxed (so I hear, not there yet myself) but it's a large AA investment for the return.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

maggymay wrote: An anything else besides finishing epic i should concentrate on. Thanks Maggymay
Epic is not relevant to an 85 mage due to the clicky actually hurting high level pets DPS and there are a lot of primary weapons out there with better stats by far.

You can do the epic just to say you have done it as a rite of passage.

Sued...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

qibrme wrote:
maggymay wrote: An anything else besides finishing epic i should concentrate on. Thanks Maggymay
Epic is not relevant to an 85 mage due to the clicky actually hurting high level pets DPS and there are a lot of primary weapons out there with better stats by far.

Sued...
How does the epic click hurt DPS? I understand it hurts tanking ability because the stun takes precedence over the prism skin proc but has no effect on mobs over 75, but it also adds the 200 point DD proc (and 1K HP isn't much, but it's still something). If you're pet isn't tanking is there a reason the epic click shouldn't be used?
Rathic

Post by Rathic »

Merlaina wrote:
qibrme wrote:

Sued...
How does the epic click hurt DPS? I understand it hurts tanking ability because the stun takes precedence over the prism skin proc but has no effect on mobs over 75, but it also adds the 200 point DD proc (and 1K HP isn't much, but it's still something). If you're pet isn't tanking is there a reason the epic click shouldn't be used?
You're correct - Epic buff does not hurt DPS, only tanking. Even then it is a marginal difference (although against SOD/UF mobs I won't use epic, since even 1 chance for Prism Skin to proc is huge).

I use Epic buff anytime that my pet is not tanking. The 200 DD procs very often.
maggymay

Post by maggymay »

Thanks for the replys looks like im on the right track. As far as the epic its only fair since all my other 85 chars have them done , I have a tower geared warrior an shammy i run full time. I just changed out my rogue for the mage an it has made my life so much easier lol. Mage finally starting to do some respectable dps she averaged 3800 dps last night in convortium as a 3rd bot. The more i play her the more i enjoy the class, today i was in an all mage group plus bard puller .............. it was just stupid how we destroyed convo lol . Fun times hehe
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

maggymay wrote: Mage finally starting to do some respectable dps she averaged 3800 dps last night in convortium as a 3rd bot.
Shows how different the game is for some people. They have "3rd bot" Convort flagged, while I'm still not there yet.

3800 isn't bad.

Here is a parse with some trash mobs in LC mission.
Combined: An autarchian gnome in 195s, 2188k @11223dps --- Zacatac + pets 937k @4829dps

And a harder burn on a named.
Norket the Disgruntled in 61s, 851k @13959dps --- Zacatac + pets 457k @7493dps
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

maggymay wrote:The more i play her the more i enjoy the class, today i was in an all mage group plus bard puller .............. it was just stupid how we destroyed convo lol . Fun times hehe
There is no greater fun in EQ than all mage groups.

Having one utility class along for the ride (slows, mez, heals, etc) is just icing on the cake, but with a full mage group you do have the ability to pull as well :D

Sued...