Help with AA path

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Foaaniel
Magician

Help with AA path

Post by Foaaniel »

Hey there,

I'm wondering if you could give me some advice on a path for my AA's.
I've done a fair amount in AA purchase but i'm not sure what the best bang for the AA is now.
I normally box a shaman, SK and BST incase this helps figuring out a direction.

my EQ PLAYER profile http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 3&laType=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

need a DONT DEVATE FROM THIS PATH on AA's i need to buy

FYI: i raid 3X times per week in tower setting, we just started sod <> tower events,

Thanks in advance
foaaniel
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Help with AA path

Post by Merlaina »

This is the list as I would make it, thought you don't have to take the order too literally:

Frenzied Burnout 2
Extended Burnout 1 -9
Fury of Magic 13
Elemental Form: Fire 1
Heart of Flames 1
Fire Core 1, 2, 3
Funament of Intellect 1-3
First Spire 1-3
Drape of Shadows 1
Fury of Magic 14, 15
Destructive Fury 14, 15
Force of Elements 1-3
Secondary Forte
Extended Rumbling Servant 1
Extend Swarm 1, 2, 3
Hastened Rumbling Servant 1-3
Elemental Alacrity 1-6
Elemental Furty 1-6
(repeat alacrity/fury at 3 ranks each, giving priority to alacrity)
Hastened Burnout 1-5
Frenzied Burnout 3, 4
Funadamentals of Intellect 4-6
Second spire 1-3

The four big areas you need to improve seem to be the elemental alacrity/fury lines, the RS support lines, the frenzied burnout/FBO support lines, and the fire core/First spire lines.

Frenzied burnout, when fully extended, last for I believe 2 minutes 15 seconds and more than doubles your pet damage output. Maybe even closer to triples it. You can hit your pet with it, suspend it, and then pull it back out for the big named and then cast FBO again when it expires. The buff/suspend trick is also why second spire is on the list there at the end.

The elemental alacrity/fury lines increase pet DPS, but also increase RS DPS. RS will become one of your main sources of damage on raids, so you need to get it as beefy as possible (thus the support abilities for it as well being listed).

Fury of magic 13 is so high up on the list because if memory serves that one rank alone adds a whopping 5% to crit chance.

Finally Fire Core and First Spire are pretty substantial DPS increasers and should definitely be purchased. Since you already have so many crit and crit damage AAs I suggest getting this before the pet upgrade AAs since you'll see a more immediate benefit from them. You'll need fire core to at least rank 3 for it to focus level 81-85 spells however, so if you're not seeing results before that don't give up on the line.

Drape is helpful to shed aggro. I often hit it in the middle of a twincast weave so I don't overaggro from nuking hard. Secondary Forte will reduce the mana cost of your RS pets (be sure to do some summoning after you buy it so you don't accidentally set something else as your secondary specialization).
thed

Post by thed »

Are there any specific AA's that you would suggest for grinding out points in katta? I maxed the ToE out, but was wondering if there were others along that line that work well for summoned mobs? Or should i just concentrate on getting my pet stronger?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

thed wrote:Are there any specific AA's that you would suggest for grinding out points in katta? I maxed the ToE out, but was wondering if there were others along that line that work well for summoned mobs? Or should i just concentrate on getting my pet stronger?
After taking a brief glance at your AAs I would say you're heading in the right direction, just keep focusing on making your pet stronger. Since you're level 76 it's hard for me to remember which AAs are available to you and which aren't, but the first thing I would purchase were I you would be frenzied burnout rank 2. The difference between rank 1 and 2 is night and day. For grinding in Katta you have two things to consider: how well does my pet tank these and how quickly can I kill them? Your pet can tank fairly well thanks to theft of essence, so you should probably focus more on offensive AAs. Passive pet AAs (flurry and crit) are great since they also work on your RS pet which you can fire off anytime you get a GoM proc. I suggest firing it at an untouched mob for max effect, just be ready to send your primary pet after that mob when RS poofs.

One good defensive AA is Fortify Companion. Even at level 1 you get a great boost from this (20% increased avoidance, 10% spell and melee damage absorb, small AC boost) and at level 3 it goes up to 40% avoidance. It also lasts 10 minutes, and if you max hastened fortify companion it has a reuse of 15 minutes, so 2/3 of the time you can have this on your pet.

So those would be my suggestions for now: FBO, passive pet damage AAs, Fortify Companion, and hastened/extended FBO and hastened fortify companion.