Returning Mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Eladrel

Re: Returning Mage

Post by Eladrel »

Welcome back !

I'm back too after a long break and I'm having fun with my mage mage duo.
Good luck to you!

Eladrel
Tribunal
Eladrel

Post by Eladrel »

If you're a jeweler, or have access to one, make some Feymetal Trio + Round Cut Miragestone items. They scale from 85-90, starting out at about 1150hme and ending up at 1350 or so. Pretty much the equivalent to T3/T4 HoT but with lesser heroics and no foci (not really important to mages as we don't have useful stuff on many of those slots). They are cheap too, I upgraded wrists/fingers from T3/Tower to Feymetal for about 2k pp. Think I gained about 500hme per slot.

I have stayed away from HoT just because the prereq's are perma-camped (yeah lets force the entire progression population to kill the same 5 mobs, that'll be fun), so I can't really comment on UF vs HoT.

If pp is tight, I wouldn't jump on any baz purchases just yet. The market for T1 stuff is going to crash hard in the next few weeks.
OMG!

Those player crafted items of Feymetal and Round cut are crazy!

I noticed those Round Cuts are level 85 required. Whats the next teir down for us lower 80s?

Could you provide more info on those items? Maybe a website talking about all the options for slot 10 and slot 11.

And here I was thinking I was a beast in my 250 hem rings!

haha
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Here play with this and you should get most of the answers you are looking for, bit dated though.

http://www.kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

Underfoot diamonds are the tier below Miragestones (gem), and Cosgrite is the tier below Feymetal (setting). Goes something like:

Setting (highest to lowest -- recommended level: trio/compartmented):
Feymetal -- req 85 rec 90 (both trio & compartmented)
Cosgrite -- 80/85
Temporite -- 80/85 (obsolete)
Dwerium -- 70/75
Palladium -- 60/65
Velium -- 50/55
Platinum -- 35/40
Gold -- 20/25
Electrum -- 0/0?
Silver -- 0/0?

Feymetal is the only setting to have a required level (85). Compartmented adds a type7 aug slot and increases rec level by 5.

Gems: highest to lowest (level determined by the jewelery setting above, except miragestone)
Miragestone (req 85, rec 90)
Underfoot Diamond
Taaffeite
Harmonagate
Stuarolite
Prestidigitase

Cosgrite (trio) at 80 with an underfoot diamond and hp/mana type10's is roughly 900hme, but no mod2's (miragestone is the only type11 with mod2's).
ahzryal

Post by ahzryal »

Well, on Rathe server, I spent about 70kpp-ish, got feymetal trio compartmented: 2 rings, 2 wrists, face, one earring, new belt, shoulders and ranged slot items. round cut miragestones, with opal and emeralds (mana and hp) stones for the jewelry and gained over 4k each hp and mana over the gear I had.
Quite a bump for a non-raider SoD geared mage. Was a bit shocked at the jump in stats on gear over the time I was gone...
Paid around 3500 per jewelery piece, gems were cheap, other stuff 15kish. Stayed away from the really expensive stuff cause my coin was limited.

Am getting better moloing? (I assume that means soloing with mercenary healer heh) brells rest and only dying now when I get an unexpected add that hits me from behind. Starting to get back into the swing of things...mobs are alot slower to kill in EQ than in the newer MMOs...I supposed the WoWers don't have the patience to take 5 minutes or more per kill:)
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

If you are looking for a raid guild send me in game mail. On Rathe server also. We are gearing apps with UF gear and doing HoT raids. I love having more mages and we have one Mage slot open. Check out Loyal Rebellion.

May the elements guide and protect you.
ahzryal

Post by ahzryal »

If I was able to raid consistently Loyal Rebellion is the place I would app first; did have some friends there (kareasint and klaytor for two of em). However, as a long haul truck driver whose schedule varies week by week, day by day, I cannot commit to the 60%+ raid attendance LR wants I am afraid.
Hehe I even posted a hello to old friends post in your general forums though didn't get a response...guess my old friends are no longer around:)
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

we only ask for 40%, but I understand.

May the elements guide and protect you.