Iceflame Body...Missing?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
fordse
Magician

Iceflame Body...Missing?

Post by fordse »

I'm looking at Halon Griere's inventory, per Alla, and this spell is not here. Am I missing something? :|
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Iceflame Body...Missing?

Post by Voragath »

He is a faction vendor. He'll only show you stuff that you have enough faction for. Sounds like you just need to grind out some more faction. OR, you can just have someone make the spell for you and skip the faction. If you are the person who posted on alla, look at the one post below you. It appears you must be ally to see this spell.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

You need faction with the pirates there to have the 70+ spells available to purchase (and the higher the level, the more faction you need). It's way easier to just research the spell or have it researched for you.
fordse
Magician

Post by fordse »

Ugh. I thought I'd read somewhere that faction was no longer an issue. Guess not. :(

The spell says NO TRADE and does not offer a craft recipe. What do I have to kill to gain the right faction?

Thanks for the help!
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

If memory serves, I think if you work the tasks for Jonas Skeletal Hand you'll get lots of pirate faction.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
fordse
Magician

Post by fordse »

Found it: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Ev ... Buried_Sea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

The rk 1 spell is no trade (and requires pirate faction). The rk 2 spell you can buy off researchers (and I've made and sold many copies of that spell myself). If you want to grind faction for it, you need Katta faction, not pirate faction.
fordse
Magician

Post by fordse »

I got from Alla that grinding Smuggler faction would do it. Are you saying it won't?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The RK1 requires grinding pirate faction. The RK2 requires grinding Katta faction. If you are going to have to grind faction, and you aren't going to go after the hand aug (which is from pirate faction tasks), it makes little sense to spend the time grinding pirate faction and then having to turn right around and grind Katta faction. Better to just grind Katta fation to start with.
fordse
Magician

Post by fordse »

Thank you, everyone, for your help!