Ideal class to 2 box with a mage?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Ideal class to 2 box with a mage?

Post by dorfillya »

There is no "ideal" class to 2-box, but there are many very good ones, depending on your play style. I can think of very few camps that can't be pulled single, once the camp is broken. And, when a mage learns to COH pull, which he can do with any other class, little need for somebody else to take control of the pulling. Therefore, if you can get singles reliably, (which a 2-box mage should be able to do) no real need for a puller or a mezzer. Go with a slower, healer, or dps.

Once camps are broken, my mage with cleric 2 box can handle any group mobs out there, without mercs. Can always pop mercs if a named mob is up. I have had my cleric for 7 years, but, if I had it to do over, I would go with shaman 2-box now that you can get buffs from cleric mercs anytime you need them.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Magicdrawers wrote:How much easier is it to pull with an enchanter versus a necro? Also, can an enchanters pet be given any sort of summonable pet equipment?
BB
BDB
Pacify
AE Mez
Single mez thats nearly unresistable

Theres like 18 ways you can pull with an enchanter... combine them with COH and I see no need for feign death.

Necro damage is great but I think i just prefer slows and stuns... If you cant tank it, all the damage in the world wont matter.

Fortified earth pet with Runes, slows, and stun support will tank anything non raid.

just my opinion... i dont disagree with the guy who said bard, a good bard is really something to behold, just haven't played one myself.
Last edited by Cielli on Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mendoros07
Magician

Post by Mendoros07 »

I replied before and I wanted to add that along with my Mage/Necro combo which I use all the time, I also have my enchanter. I have tried using the chanter instead of the necro and although yes, the stuns, slows, runes, and the ability to mez etc are all GREAT, I simply cannot kill mobs fast enough with just the enchanter. I love them, but dps wise, it's just not there. It takes for ever to drop mobs in SS with essentially only the earth pet's DPS on top of the my mage's nukes. DPS from necros require almost no thought... stack all the right DOTS and maybe for fun throw an army of the dead or any other of their pet aa's and FD. Mage earth pet does the grunt work and you get the benefit of casting your clash of many a few times to thanks to the necro pets and have Reluctant Benevolence running 100% which is awesome extra healing on your pet. With necro's now being able to "punt" mobs or insta clear agro every few min, I've had pretty much NO need for my chanter other than buffs now.

Again just my 2 cents worth but honestly, necros are simply the perfect class for this.