Equipping pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Equipping pets

Post by Voragath »

This comes up every 6 months and is parsed almost every time it comes up. The problem is this stuff is discussed by the devs with either a CL or during beta. In beta I asked for a note to be added to the patch to state what pets come with. Also, no sense in parsing this. It has been in TWO separate patch notes about what pets come with when being summoned. One was in TSS and another in SoF. The reason I wanted it in the HoT release was to have an exact place to point everyone to. It's much easier to say, "check the HoT release notes" than to say what I said. All the patch notes are listed on the eqlive board.

It has been shown, and Tweelis did just that once and it was on the eqlive boards, not here. It's in the mage thread on top of that.

People need to quit being all "conspiracy theory" about the pets. It's one thing to be vigilant but after 4 years, one of us would have easily discovered a problem. Hell, when Test broke a couple of years ago, I don't think it was even 24 hrs before someone realized pets were being summoned naked.

tl;dr Pets come with the stuff everyone has said they come with, it's been proven, it's in patch notes, and devs have stated it. Stop the conspiracy theory.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

This thread has probably the most useful info regarding what you're asking:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=150931
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Stupid question is if my pet can tank the way my pet tanks, which makes non-raid geared tanks curse and shout, "nerf pets", do i really care if the pet is wearing full plate armor or a thong with tassles on his nipples?

Sued...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Exactly Vorg and Sued...

Lord, if I keep agreeing with people on here I am gonna lose my membership card!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

qibrme wrote:... do i really care if the pet is wearing full plate armor or a thong with tassles on his nipples?

Sued...
Well, actually.../innocent look :lol:
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Voragath wrote:
qibrme wrote:... do i really care if the pet is wearing full plate armor or a thong with tassles on his nipples?

Sued...
One might care if they summon an air pet in Plane of Sky. :)
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

svenalo wrote:
Voragath wrote:

Sued...
One might care if they summon an air pet in Plane of Sky. :)
Say that three times and Remodious will join the thread.