Rathe's strength

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tipimount
Trial Member

Rathe's strength

Post by Tipimount »

Hey guys, I have two quick questions. When leveling flurry AA for my pet is it more beneficial to train Elemental alacrity, or companion's alacrity first. Also does Rathe's strength start to decay on the 76 pets? I love my 76 pet but he hits for 2 more points of damage with the spell on. I still use it because it is still beefing up my rampaging servant but seems like 2 more points of damage is a far cry from 10 percent.

Thanks again. I have been out of the game for about 7 years, and honestly my mage was only 29 when I came back.
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: Rathe's strength

Post by Savil »

Tipimount wrote:Hey guys, I have two quick questions. When leveling flurry AA for my pet is it more beneficial to train Elemental alacrity, or companion's alacrity first. Also does Rathe's strength start to decay on the 76 pets? I love my 76 pet but he hits for 2 more points of damage with the spell on. I still use it because it is still beefing up my rampaging servant but seems like 2 more points of damage is a far cry from 10 percent.

Thanks again. I have been out of the game for about 7 years, and honestly my mage was only 29 when I came back.
EA first, Rathes will "decay" only on your main pet, its still full effect on the rest. The bonus from BO will not stack with Rathes, and will replace it for the main pet only. Its still very much worth using for the RS pet line alone.

Savil
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Be aware that Sony torqued up Rathe's awhile back. It's no longer centered on your pet, but on you.

I talked to a dev online about it one day after it happened, and his mantra was that "there was no compelling reason not to bring it in line with other auras".

Makes sense, naturally.

Heads up.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Rathe's Strength is still centered on the pet. Arcane Distillect is centered on the mage.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Malleria wrote:Rathe's Strength is still centered on the pet. Arcane Distillect is centered on the mage.
Yeah, that's right. So many bag-over-the-head-punches-in-the-face lately from those guys it's getting hard to remember how they nerfed things.

Rathe's Strength WAS nerfed, but it was nerfed so it only hits pets in the Mage's GROUP. Used to hit all in the radius around the pet with no group de-limiter.

Yeah. Yeah. It's all coming back to me now. With the help of log files, anyway.

The dev, who will continue to remain nameless, was adamant in his defense of the nerf even though it was a PoR spell nerf a thousand years after the spell introduction.

Bara
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

More SoE nonsense. *Clearly* this spell was massively OP'ed because it hit all pets, and clearly all pets had been tuned with this in mind.

Said it once, will say it again, SoE devs are clueless morons that have zero idea WTF they are doing and should be fired for cluelessness above and beyond.

Cue the normal #$@ kissers now to jump to SoE's defense.

Savil
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

SOE dev team needs someone who knows the history of things and would then have to be involved in all changes - their "cluelessness" comes from the dev turnover mostly and not knowing what and why a past item went in, why decision X was made, etc...and probably a lack of research (which might not even be possible depending on how things are commented and notes kept) into those things when doing XYZ nerf/task/feature which impacts something or other. And some is from having a totally different view of roles/whatever from the previous developer in the slot and/or pushing their own agendas/likes/dislikes - I doubt there is much riding herd by anyone to keep people to the "vision" of the roles and whatnot. So there is plenty wrong systematically with how they do things imo...but calling them morons I think is a bit excessive.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Baramos wrote: Rathe's Strength WAS nerfed, but it was nerfed so it only hits pets in the Mage's GROUP. Used to hit all in the radius around the pet with no group de-limiter.
Yea, that one sucked :(