Sturdy Companion

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Floatty

Sturdy Companion

Post by Floatty »

Anyone got any actual numbers or even explain exactly what this does? while obvious, its description is a little vague to know really.

Is it worth it? got most of the pet defence AA's, but a fair bit offence to go, is this worth taking over that (my pet does tank a lot...)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Sturdy Companion

Post by Piemastaj »

I generally solo or duo about 98% of my EQ time outside of raids and when I decided to get this AA line (I got it pretty fast after reaching 85) I noticed my pet tanked a good amount better then w/o having it. And also it can never hurt to have a pet that has too many defensive AAs on him whens hit goes bad for groups and even sometimes raids. I am sorry I don't have numbers on it, but i would recommend getting it if your pet tanks a good amount during your play-time.

Just my 2cp. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I picked it up and again I don't havebefore and after numbers but it does *seem* to tank better.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Back when we tested it last year, it was pretty straight forward. It adds some AC (not a lot, but some) and increases each of the pets direct mitigation/avoidance abilities by about 2-3% fire rate. It's about 10% less DPS incoming to the pet, at least against the Test Dummies. In practice, it's really good in normal content, as our pets still avoid like a barn but still mitigate really well.

In all, worth the AAs. At least to rank 3.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I bought this to max yesterday and although it doesn't seem as big a increase as ranks 1-3 it *seemed* to be tanking better while soloing.