Skull of the spire servant

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Skull of the spire servant

Post by Merlaina »

So I have a question about the summoned Skull of the spire servant from the Cauldron of Endless Goods. Am I correct in that these are not no trade, so I could buy one of these off a higher level mage (I'm 71), click the effect, and then summon a pet with a better focus than what I'm using currently? Does anyone actually summon these and sell them, or is there some component required to summon the cauldron that makes it not as useful?

Edit: Ah, 30 minute recast timer. I knew there was a catch somewhere in there that would deter people from just summoning and selling them often. Still, does anyone summon this cauldron and sell things from it?
Last edited by Merlaina on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bastler
Conjurer

Re: Skull of the spire servant

Post by Bastler »

The skull is one of 12 randomly summoned items. I normally throw mine into the guild bank for alts to use, or give them to friends. Theyre not lore so you can store several in bank. If you have one in inventory and die it vanishes, like all cauldron items.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

If I get them, I generally give them away on my trader, but it is very very rare that anyone ever takes one.

I dont get it really!
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

If you have one in inventory and die it vanishes, like all cauldron items.
Cauldron items will also disappear if they are in your bank inventory. I am sure that you meant all inventory but for people just getting the spell, any summoned cauldron item is only safe if another toon, the guild bank has it or it is sitting in the shared bank slot.

I got lucky one day mooching MGB's in the guild lobby, I must have cast 7 or 8 swords, I put 2 on the pet and stuffed the rest in my bank, but then my luck ran out...lol... Died and lost about 20 good items....grrrrr...
Image Image
Haiden

Post by Haiden »

It will not poof from your bank. I have a bank full of the Mask and Sword sets and die alot, they are still there.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Haiden wrote:It will not poof from your bank. I have a bank full of the Mask and Sword sets and die alot, they are still there.
This ;) Now if only they'd give us a way to take the swords off of our pets so we can save them for non-raid days!
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Malleria wrote:This ;) Now if only they'd give us a way to take the swords off of our pets so we can save them for non-raid days!
You are not clicking your cauldron every 30min and store the usefull stuff till you hit the bank for the day? 8-)
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Bastler wrote:You are not clicking your cauldron every 30min and store the usefull stuff till you hit the bank for the day? 8-)
Um, wha?

I meant death is a high possibility on raids, so I'd rather take the Wavethrashers my pet is wielding and put them in the bank until the raid is over.
Lampz

Post by Lampz »

I buy up these if/when i see them in baz all the time. I'm 71 also and use them regularly. I believe i have quite a few in shared bank and on baz mules, i dont recall them ever poofing off any characters inventory.
Wati
Magician

Confused

Post by Wati »

Could someone please enlighten me and let me know what the Skull of the spire servant is?

I searched Allakhazam and google but to no avail.

Tyvm,

/Wati