Two Questions

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
boo1010

Two Questions

Post by boo1010 »

Glad to see a mage board back up. I've got to questions about our pets.

From what I've read the RS line is affected by pet focus. If you have a pet focus item that you swap in, do mages do that each time they cast RS, is there a better way?

What type of armor do our 70-85 pets come equipped with (the other post wasn't descriptive about all the tiers of pets)? Is there any benefit to summoning armor/belt/muzzle and giving it to them?

Thanks!
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Two Questions

Post by Darkenr »

boo1010 wrote:Glad to see a mage board back up. I've got to questions about our pets.

From what I've read the RS line is affected by pet focus. If you have a pet focus item that you swap in, do mages do that each time they cast RS, is there a better way?

Unfortunately you either would need to swap in the item every time you cast the RS, or find an item that has a focus on it that you won't need to upgrade for a while. The fortunate part though is that SoE has been doing a pretty decent job of making sure that the item that has a pet focus on it is good enough in quality that you won't need to replace it until you find a new item that has a better focus and better stats to make it worth while all around.

What type of armor do our 70-85 pets come equipped with (the other post wasn't descriptive about all the tiers of pets)? Is there any benefit to summoning armor/belt/muzzle and giving it to them?

Mage pets starting at level 61-75 are summoned with a full set of Phantom Plate armor ( the level 38 summoned armor set ). Mage pets from 76-85 are summoned with a full set of Plate of the Prime, belt, and zabella's jewelry.

Prime Plate Helm. AC22, Hp31
Prime Plate Vambraces. AC24, HP25
Prime Plate Gauntlets. AC22, HP38
Prime Plate Boots. AC24, HP31
Prime Plate Breastplate. AC43, HP50, Avoid 5
Prime Plate Greaves. AC31, HP50, Shield 1
Summoned: Prime Belt. AC20, HP1000, Shield3
Zabella's Satin Choker. AC10, HP190
Zabella's Woven Shawl. AC12, HP190
Zabella's Linked Bracelet. AC12, HP190
Zabella's Gold Ring. AC12, HP190
Zabella's Ridged Earhoop. AC10, HP190

Thanks!
I hope that helps.

Darkenr
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

They come with the muzzle and a back item as well from 76 on. Essentially, from 76 on, the only thing you need to equip your pet with is a set of weapons. Once you get to the void, you can buy a type 3 aug pet focus. That way, if you upgrade your pet focus slot, you can just move the aug or put it in the new gear (not sure if it's removable but they are extremely cheap, less than 20 chronos iirc).

Edit: Type 3 augs are destroy only
Last edited by Voragath on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Voragath wrote:They come with the muzzle and a back item as well from 76 on. Essentially, from 76 on, the only thing you need to equip your pet with is a set of weapons. Once you get to the void, you can buy a type 3 aug pet focus. That way, if you upgrade your pet focus slot, you can just move the aug or put it in the new gear (not sure if it's removable but they are extremely cheap, less than 20 chronos iirc).
Or if you're having a hard time progressing through the void and/or hate SoD and end up hitting 75 you can buy the Elegant Summoner's Earring from PoK off of Iason Yureska for 6068pp 9gp 3sp 1cp as far as pet focuses go.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Juat a minor note about defiant gear. Pets use to not recognize the required and recommended tag. Now they DO use those required and recommended levels on the gear. So before you think giving your level 71 pet a piece of elegant defiant plate gear you may want to get some elaborate defiant gear instead.
boo1010

Post by boo1010 »

Thanks all!

I was wondering cause it seemed pointeless to give us the summon armor spells, except for gearing other pets I guess.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

boo1010 wrote:Thanks all!

I was wondering cause it seemed pointeless to give us the summon armor spells, except for gearing other pets I guess.
Well, that's all the armor spells are good for after 76 ::snicker:: :twisted:
Janiblis
Magician

Post by Janiblis »

I am level 77 and can not see the "Elegant Summoner's Earring from PoK off of Iason Yureska for 6068pp 9gp 3sp 1 cp".

Is there some other requirement to purchase this item besides being level 75 like Darkenr stated?

"Darkenr"
"(Or if you're having a hard time progressing through the void and/or hate SoD and end up hitting 75 you can buy the Elegant Summoner's Earring from PoK off of Iason Yureska for 6068pp 9gp 3sp 1cp as far as pet focuses go.)"
Ivocare

Post by Ivocare »

According to This thread, it looks like you have to own SoD for some stuff to appear on Iason. Not sure if that is your problem or not.
Darkboxer

Post by Darkboxer »

My mage was able to purchase it at lvl 76.