VoA Pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

VoA Pets

Post by Tweelis »

I didn't see a thread for the VoA pets so thought I'd start one here. Although getting a full detailed list from the dev's like we had a few expansions ago seems like a pipe dream that doesn't mean we can't fill in some blanks on our own. For now this is a placeholder but I'll add what info I can later. Feel free to input what you feel like in the meantime.

Air Pet..........EM?..........HP..........Max Hit..........Bash Damage
91................8...........35,000?......?????.................??????

Water Pet..........EM?..........HP..........Max Hit..........Bash Damage
91....................8...........35,000?......?????.................??????

Fire Pet..........EM?..........HP..........Max Hit..........Bash Damage
91..................8...........35,000?......?????.................??????

Earth Pet..........EM?..........HP..........Max Hit..........Bash Damage
91...................8...........35,000?......?????.................??????
micker
Elementalist

Re: VoA Pets

Post by micker »

Did a little test for fun.

86 Air pet no focus or buffs.
Avg. Hit: 404
Max Hit: 752(839 with BO 10)

86 Air pet with EM 13
Avg. Hit: 608
Max Hit: 1118(1266 with BO 10)

91 Air Pet with no Focus/Buffs
Avg. Hit: 566
Max Hit: 944(1053 with BO 10)

91 Air Pet with EM 13
Avg. Hit: 848
Max Hit: 1403(1588 with burnout 10)

Looks like just under a 50% increase with the EM 13 for the 86 and 91 pets. Thought the increase % woud be higher for the 86 then the 91 pet as EM 13 was the top focus for that expansion. Looks like the focus items give a flat % increase to whatever level range of pets they work with. Thought it would scale down

The difference bwtween the focused and non focused pet, even against the lt blu mobs I was fighting, was beyond night and day. I know its going from nothing to a very good focus, but wow the unfocused pets sucked!!!! The unfocused 86 pet couldn't even solo a lt blue mob in thalasius, even with enrage. The 86 focused pet was able to solo with at least 50% left(can't remember) The 91 focused pet soloed the same mob with 98% left lol!! Add in Burnout 10 and the 91 EM 13 pet could chain kill the mobs 2-3 at a time with little damage. The focused pet seemed to hit for max much more and even crit more. The unfocused pets felt like they were 3 expansions behind the focused ones. Didn't have my EM 8 ear to test.

They really tune the pets with focus in mind big time. Back in the day the pets would be good out of the box and better with focus, now you really need a focus or the pet is worthless.
Shardin
Conjurer

Re: VoA Pets

Post by Shardin »

Back when pet focus first came out (luclin?) or even epic items (broom, shovel), pet focus hardly did anything noticeable. They were just nice to have to give you a little bump.

Now you require decent pet focus and pet aa's to do anything worth while.

Don't get used to the pet solo'ing anything at least UF and beyond.. molo maybe, but solo no.. speaking which pets are tuned now based on mercs also which you may or may not like.