pet hate weapons

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
bluejaye
Elementalist

Re: pet hate weapons

Post by bluejaye »

Darkenr wrote:
bluejaye wrote:my pet was the main tank

i'd guess the healer would be above me on aggro.
Not necessarily. If your pet was the main tank, than that would mean your healer was healing your pet primarily. Healing pets only generates a single point of threat (it used to not generate any). There was a bug a while back that ended up causing full healing threat when healing pets, and there was a pretty large outcry by both pet classes, and healers at the time because it never used to generate any threat when healing pets. So the devs changed it back so it was similar to how it worked before, but instead of it generating no threat at all, it would generate 1 point of threat instead of none (to prevent exploitation of the mechanic). That's why you got summoned after your gargoyle died, because I'm assuming you were nuking as well, and since your healer only had 1 threat from only healing the pet, obviously you would have had more from the nukes you had thrown in.
i think i see the confusion. my earlier post was talking about two seperate times. once recently when pet tanking, and once when uf was current and i had expected a healer to outaggro me with a player tank. in the uf situation, swarm pets generated enough aggro completely by themselves to put me above the cleric, who was getting full heal aggro from healing a player tank. there are other ways to explain this. i've never taken the idea that rs is coded as a dot very seriously, but maybe that's where the aggro was coming from rather than because they died. we're also talking about two different types of pets dying. you're testing looked at what happens when our main pet dies, and i'm talking about rs and host pets dying.