Fire and water pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Arterian
Magician

Fire and water pets

Post by Arterian »

Hi all,

Just curious, in what situation do you use your fire pet in? How about water?

I know air is almost always the default, and at 94 the earth takes over.

Are there situations where water or fire become more beneficial?
Danille

Re: Fire and water pets

Post by Danille »

Fire pets are great for raids when the boss mobs have a strong DS. Also at raids when you have to nuke damage the mob.

Water pets are great when you want to max on dps, when the target doesnt have a stong DS and there is a PC tank to keep aggro.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

To add to Danille's comments:

Fire -- great in groups where buffs aren't available to boost pet's dps. A naked water pet does less dps than the fire pet.

Water -- great for groups with good buffs to bolster dps (shaman or bard). It is also great if there are heavy ae's or where the pet may end up becoming the secondary tank.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

If you are going to use a fire pet in group, it does surprisingly good melee damage in addition to the nuking, so get it in melee range.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Water - This is basically your default raid pet for maximum dps sans what was already said above.
Fire - Primary use for me if after a raid death where you need to get back up and running quickly. Best out of the box dps.
Air - This is still your basic default for most things group and even solo. I even use air to tank VoA T4, but at that level depending on mob, it can be a roll of the dice.
Earth - This pet doesn't take over at lvl 94, but if you are going to be pet tanking in VoA T3 and above, this is the recommended pet.