Pet tanking AA's

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Skizoke

Pet tanking AA's

Post by Skizoke »

I'm 95 now and group 95% of the time, but what AA's do I need to focus on for my pet to be able to tank effectively. Please list any and all.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Pet tanking AA's

Post by Voragath »

Look to the bottom left of this page and click EQAA Magician List. On that page, select "pet defense" for category to give you a good list of what you'll need.

I use Host in the Shell, Aegis, and Fortify companion for the activated aa's. Fortify and Host are a big plus to pet defensive. Some good passive ones are gonna be agility and HP. Companion's Blessing is good for tough names as it has some extra mitigation built in and will help you/your merc keep up on heals. That's just what I could come up with off the top of my head.
Skizoke

Post by Skizoke »

Voragath wrote:Look to the bottom left of this page and click EQAA Magician List. On that page, select "pet defense" for category to give you a good list of what you'll need.
Thank you very much. I didn't know we could sort like that.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Any AA that has to deal with avoiding hits and mitigating hits. Avoid: The pet does not get hit as often. Mitigation: When the pet gets hit, the hits do not do as much DMG as they would w/o the mitigation AAs. Also, raw hit-points are a very good route to go for non-activated AAs.

Fortfiy companion is our single best tanking AA for our pets, but it has a re-use timer on it.

Your best bet would be to go through Archetype and Class AAs and just look for tanking ones and buy them all. Some you will gain more from, but they all will help in the long-run.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Skizoke

Post by Skizoke »

Thank you both. I'll make a list of what AA's I need tonight and start working on it.
yaladilae
Magician

Post by yaladilae »

Voragath wrote:Look to the bottom left of this page and click EQAA Magician List. On that page, select "pet defense" for category to give you a good list of what you'll need.

I use Host in the Shell, Aegis, and Fortify companion for the activated aa's. Fortify and Host are a big plus to pet defensive. Some good passive ones are gonna be agility and HP. Companion's Blessing is good for tough names as it has some extra mitigation built in and will help you/your merc keep up on heals. That's just what I could come up with off the top of my head.
So Companion Blessing is not as effective as Fortify Companion?

If a named comes, you will tend to use Fortify Companion, and then add on Companion blessing (if required), instead of using Companion Blessing and add on Fortify Companion if needed?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Overall I'd take Fortify over Companion blessing in just about any situation. Fortify reduces incomming damage for 10 minutes which is the cake, companion's blessing is icing on the cake.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

No, companion's blessing is a HoT spell where Fortify Companion is a damage buff (it's like self Brell's for your pet).

Companion's blessing is what I'll use for heals on a tough named.