host of elements

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
deadman1204
Arch Mage

host of elements

Post by deadman1204 »

How significant is host elements? Is it worth keeping maxed for your level, or just a fun toy after 3-4k AA?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: host of elements

Post by Voragath »

It's main importance now is to help max out your xxx of many line.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Given how they nerfed the of many line HoE isn't really needed as you can fart and hit the pet limit inside of most raids... and you shouldn't even be using the of many line when solo / groups unless your setting up for some sort of full burn on a red con mob (most likey when solo / less than a full group).

They really should just make HoE insta cast to return some of the value to it, or up the dmg on it considerablely. I know mages have requested the damange to be increased on HoE to make it still wanted for a few years now. I know the answer I personally got back (and I think PJ as well) was they didn't want to change the dmg because they considered it OP'ed to do so, but I'm sure *somebody* will say I'm lying ...

Savil
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

So then I should assume servant of Ro ranks just above raising our wisdom then?
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Servant of Ro is insta cast, so worth using for added DPS. It isn't great DPS but it is mana free and not to bad a reuse time. I use it when I solo on a red conning mob, but otherwise I use it on a raid when a burn is called. It helps and no real draw back. As said it has the 2 best features, mana free and insta cast. What isn't there to like about that for a few aa's?

Calebe
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Agree with Calebe here, its the instacast that makes it ok, the dps sucks, but you can hit it during the global rephase time and not lose any DPS, its completelly free DPS.

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote: I know mages have requested the damange to be increased on HoE to make it still wanted for a few years now. I know the answer I personally got back (and I think PJ as well) was they didn't want to change the dmg because they considered it OP'ed to do so, but I'm sure *somebody* will say I'm lying ...

Savil
Nah, that was the response long ago and back then was only a half-truth. Far better reasons now to not improve the line and the devs know it's not even close to OP anymore.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

so whats the current excuse not to improve it? All the melee whining about swarm pets doing all the push?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If you can reach the pet limit, don't use host. It will hinder your burn because you can not cast another pet from your person while Host is still spitting out. Which generally ends up messing up 1 Garg pet, and costing you mana. You only need 15 pets. Each Mage should have 3 pets out 24/7 at the very least. Then you add in our clicky pets (on non-AE events, they last for 40ish seconds), that is 5 from 1 mage plus Servant of Ro. So that is 6 pets for 40ish seconds from just 1 Mage. Your guild would need to be severly limited on Pet classes to not meet the quota, or split raiding.

As to the group game HoE is good for off-tanking purposes. I generally use them when i get 3 mobs, I have main pet on 1 Garg pet on another then Host on the third. Other then that, burns only.

I would imagine the devs do not want to improve HoE because they do not want to continue enhancing swarm lines. Elidroth already made a post about not wanting anymore new AAs for swarm type pets (similar to hoE). And really they are pretty pointless now, not to mention it messes with our weave some while they are spawning. Other then the possible off-tanking (which again is probably another issue why these did not get increased), these are more fluff now if you can reach 15 pets.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:so whats the current excuse not to improve it? All the melee whining about swarm pets doing all the push?
Not at all. The push causing dumb melee to whine is reason for us to not want it continued.

Edit to add for those wondering: If we had it continued and it actually did real dps, but then your dumb RL banned swarms, that would be bad because now your good dps tool is useless.
Last edited by Voragath on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.