4 mages and a bard

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Re: 4 mages and a bard

Post by Summerfrost »

I made no assumptions on the gear, I was just providing a point of contrast with my em and t4. At 91 there are plenty of viable options to get a decent em item in voa.

As for the pets taking ability , I'm fully aware that earth and air are better options but with all pets those mages with water pets will most likely end up tanking. If they don't hold the agro what's the point? You can also try the surge of arcane line on the pet tank to help with agro. On trash if your gargs are taking agro a water will do more dps cause its only tanking half the fight and on named I'm sure those waters will pull agro.

and pj is right, anyone can tank with slow and two healers. So y not a bit more dps? I did all voa progression with my setup with very few problems even before my voa raid em.

Your bard is your bread and butter. Get those clicks, aa , etc and you won't have any problems.
Last edited by Summerfrost on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsen

Post by Kinsen »

Arcane address doesn't block chaotic blessing. I tried just before the servers went down and it would still fire while only singing that song. It still didn't fire a lot when I didn't sing any songs which still surprised me with 4 mages using it.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Arcane address really shouldn't be used when you have pets. It gives them conflicting procs with the Hykast's line of melee procs. Hykast's is around a 5k melee proc vs Arcane which is something like 2.5k. Not to mention if your 3 boxing Mages and then throwing in a bard your pets will be procing more then your mage's will be just by the amount of hits they will have vs your spells cast.

Chaotic Blessing is a terrible spell. The proc rate on it is around 10% or so iirc. And even if you have 3 or 4 Mages using it (which should make it somewhat viable), those Mage's need to be casting spells at a consistent pace. And with 4 mages killing 1 mob, the mob will not last very long.

You should have 0 issues with T2 named. You need to be casting Garg pets more, make sure Fortify Companion is on your pet. Make sure the mob is slowed and your healer mercs are going. With up to 8 Garg pets on the mob roughly 90% of the time, your main pets should not be taking that many hits. Make sure Root is on with your older earth pet, it will work as a mini memblur and allow your garg pets to take hits over your main pet.

If you did not do so already, you should buy the spell: Aegis of Kildrukaun and keep that memed. Also used our Promised spell line to help patch heals.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote: Chaotic Blessing is a terrible spell.
Yes it is. I don't even mem it.
Kinsen

Post by Kinsen »

I need to get the AA for the garg spells I haven't gotten them yet. Is it better to use the spell aegis or the AA. I only got to try one T2 named last night and I still had air pets since the server was going down in 10 minutes when he spawned. I also forgot to cast fortify on incoming so it was a lot of things different the I would normally do. Everything prior to VoA was so easy so I'm still getting into my rhythm.

Tonight's goal will be the garg line of AA's.
Kinsen

Post by Kinsen »

Also I'm going to switch out Arcane Address and probably the AC and spell resist song that should help I would think.
Kinsen

Post by Kinsen »

I meant switch to the AC/resist song the spry sonata series. I don't think I can edit my post yet.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

On Aegis, you can have both AA and spell up since not on same timer (not that you can have pet buffed with two aegis). If you go back and get rk3 Aegis than it is 7 hits versus 6 hits for AA version. But you can alternate between them.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

The last I checked rk 3 is 9 hits and the AA is 8 hits.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Piemastaj wrote:The last I checked rk 3 is 9 hits and the AA is 8 hits.
I stand corrected. I knew it was one more, I for some reason remembered it being 7. Won't be the last time I remembered wrong.