Next Expansion AA's

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Re: Next Expansion AA's

Post by Summerfrost »

Aye thanks for all the work you guys do!
Kinsen

Post by Kinsen »

How about an AA that adds a set amount of damage to each melee attack of our pet and all pets around it that is additive with any other pet class using this ability up to some maximum amount. It would be minor in the group game but with good coordination in a raid setting it could be a substantial boost to help raid DPS.

I'm new to mages and I don't raid but throwing out this idea since most post I've read say we need more of a raid boost. Mages could have a separate AA that would amplify it for them so it doesn't overpower another class.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Not sure if it's in here or not, haven't read the whole list.

Quickened Aegis - makes the AA Aegis cast faster

Would also be nice to get a tempus shard to reducing cast time of our spell Aegis.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Spell Aegis came out in SOF, it is unlikely Chandrok will make a new aug for that old of a spell. Adding a set amount to our regular pets could work, but when you apply it to swarms the increase culd be minor, because of their base DMG differences. Also it would need to stack with FBO. I alrdy asked for passive increases to our swarms DMG.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Tempus shards for VT might work, lower reuse timer.

As element masters is like to see some aa's that set us apart. I'm just spit firming but maybe elemental totems that work like the bard echo aura. Each one giving the grp parallel abilities to each of the 4 elements.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:Spell Aegis came out in SOF, it is unlikely Chandrok will make a new aug for that old of a spell. Adding a set amount to our regular pets could work, but when you apply it to swarms the increase culd be minor, because of their base DMG differences. Also it would need to stack with FBO. I alrdy asked for passive increases to our swarms DMG.
One slight correction: Aristo is responsible for making the type 3 spell augs.

Swarms (not RS) are hands off to the devs; they have no interest in continuing those lines. That could change but don't get your hopes up. Too bad because they have serious potential but devs get all squeamish about "free damage" :evil:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Summerfrost wrote:Tempus shards for VT might work, lower reuse timer.

As element masters is like to see some aa's that set us apart. I'm just spit firming but maybe elemental totems that work like the bard echo aura. Each one giving the grp parallel abilities to each of the 4 elements.
Reducing AA timers won't likely be done by augs. Eli intentionally sets them high so he can make reduction aa's in the future. It's most likely we'll get a reduction timer this expansion.

Those auras, the ones like what bards have, are staying with bards. I tried for something similar for our pet aura and was turned down hard.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

Seems they would rather give us items to buy on market than put effort into our class
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Summerfrost wrote:Seems they would rather give us items to buy on market than put effort into our class
The devs have nothing to do with the marketplace. Totally separate.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

[quote="Piemastaj"]Spell Aegis came out in SOF, it is unlikely Chandrok will make a new aug for that old of a spell. [quote]

I think a good case could be made for a tempus aug even tho it's an old spell. It's a critical spell that we use all the time now and for the forseeable future. I read a while back that they are unlikely to ever increase the number of blocked hits, don't ask me to cite the post I've no clue when or where it was written, so a type 3 tempus aug would be a welcome improvement (to me anyway) to the spell that would not increase the number of blocks per minute since the refresh would be unchanged. An updated spell with shorter cast times would be OK too, but it seemed that a tempus aug would be the easier design route.

Wouldn't you like to win more often when you're watching to see if your spell casting bar or your pet's health bar is going to run out first?
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre