Pet Weapons!

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Re: Pet Weapons!

Post by Calebe »

If a snare proc, let me know as well.

Calebe
manaburn
Trial Member

Post by manaburn »

when you already gear your pet with armer can you give them better armer or do you have to re make pet? I noticed onces you give a pet its first set of weapons it keeps them and you cant give it anything else or they will just disappear
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

manaburn wrote:when you already gear your pet with armer can you give them better armer or do you have to re make pet? I noticed onces you give a pet its first set of weapons it keeps them and you cant give it anything else or they will just disappear
Pets equip armor based on AC. All pets come with armor on them since level 71+ (even if unfocused).

I'm always a bit fuzzy on weapons but, iirc, it's based on delay: a pet will equip the weapon with lowest delay. Pets use their innate damage so the dmg on the weapons is basically meaningless. Once upon a time it was said pets would use the weapon dmg if it was greater than half the pets natural damage (don't know if that was ever true) but no weapon today can match that.

Weapons are a non-issue though, except water pet. Weapons are given to pets for the procs; since pets can't modify the procrate, the damage is too low. The water pet needs weapons in order to backstab from any direction; otherwise, it will only backstab from the rear arc.
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

Would also love a PM. Thanks guys/gals!