December 20th:

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Danille

Re: December 20th:

Post by Danille »

On this list of things the mage community posted to bring up on this chat was Divine Compainion's Aura. What was discussed on the subject?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

dorfillya wrote:I have seen problems with Famished Flames spell line explained very understandably a number of times, yet the GMs act as if this is something they never heard of before?
He is confused. I'll discuss this with them again. I have already had a conversation about this with Eli and Aristo. I'll see what I can make happen.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Regarding mana regen: that is Aristo's domain. Eli can't make a value without Aristo's consent. That is why he made the comment of elemental illusion being 4 mana regen; basically if he adds some it can only be greater than what it already is. A final value won't be made until he discusses it with Aristo.

And speaking of mana regen: it's obvious they are reigning that in on some classes. It was the stated reason for why Mod shard was not upgraded. Stop asking for aa's regarding it because it is not doing us any favors. They aren't messing with it for quite some time. That is part of the reason why we got a self rod this expansion. It might help us but the bigger picture is that it helps ALL mana users so you aren't just bumping us; asking for changes to mod shard is asking for across the board bumps to mana users.
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

Danille wrote:On this list of things the mage community posted to bring up on this chat was Divine Compainion's Aura. What was discussed on the subject?
He said no about changing it to a weaponshield.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Gnomeland wrote:
Danille wrote:On this list of things the mage community posted to bring up on this chat was Divine Compainion's Aura. What was discussed on the subject?
He said no about changing it to a weaponshield.
And that is what we asked for originally but got a DA instead in UF. /sigh
Danille

Post by Danille »

Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

When in beta for VoA I made the comment that a AOE 7500 mana rod would hold us back because it effects everyone. Now that we have a self only that can be used with it, we should only ask for upgrades to to the spell version we have and only effects us. Eventually the AA rod maybe upgraded but we should not be the ones to ask for it or worry about it, that is the concern of others. We need to focus on the self only rod that is a spell and get that upgraded each and every expansion. Would an aa be more convenient, absolutely, but this is mage only and that is the way to go.

Calebe
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

The other classes won't clamor for a new rod. They're going to clamor for new mana regen abilities for their own classes. No big deal though. What I want to see is a boosted version of the UF pet mana return spell. Don't want to go down this route of trading hps for mana when we have no hp recovery abilities. We're not necros / shamans.
Last edited by Gnomeland on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Gnomeland wrote:The other classes won't clamor for a new rod. They're going to clamor for new mana regen abilities for their own classes. No big deal though. What I want to see is a boosted version of the UF pet mana return spell. Don't want to go down this route of trading hps for mana when we have no hp recovery abilities. We're not necros / shamans.
The tradeoff is the reason we get it at all. If you think they are going to go for high, penalty free regen, you are sorely mistaken; and we will fail at it.

Aristo is not touching Thaumaturge either. That is off the table. There is a reason that line has died.
Last edited by Voragath on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Except if we are SOL on DPS we will not have ANYTHING to fall back on. That is the issue we have with smurf self only rods. We can have all the mana in the world and if we have no niche we are far worse off then when we had powerful AA rods for all.

I am having Internet issues, but I am not too happy with how things went in the AA chat. Hopefully I can talk with Eli and explain things better, the proxy thingy did not work very well.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams