Best weave for a 93 mage?

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Arterian
Magician

Best weave for a 93 mage?

Post by Arterian »

Hi all,

Just curious, a lot of the info here is for a lvl 95 mage or 100.

What would you all recommend for a group mage?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: Best weave for a 93 mage?

Post by Sillaen »

Trying to remember what I did in groups at 93.

Start with 90RS, then
I believe it would be 90 Fickle --> 90Spear --> 90Fickle --> 91Blot. There will be a small delay between the 90 Spear and 90 fickle.

Rinse and repeat.
In a good group, the mob should be dead in that 1 round.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

for 1400 Mana, the 92 Rain does 8k Base Dmg for 3 waves ( 28k crits x 3 ), theres a faycite shard which increases it, u should get it. Does more DPS than bolt at that lvl, but less than spear ( but is way more efficient than both ). It's worth using. AT 99 if you're not using your rain, your waaaaay behind the curve, ur just throwing mana away, while also losing dps.

As sillaen said, I immediately throw a servant, Force of the elements, then malo and begin my spells.

If I were 93, It would be 92 Rain then fickle ( hoping for a GoRm from either ) then spear.

Also, keep Surge on tank at all times, it may not show on your parse, but it's our most efficient and simple form of dps.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I know rains are making a comeback. I'll see when I get to 99. I abandoned rains in groups ages ago and I don't suppose it'll be any different at 100 seeing as when I group I'm usually with a chanter and 4 or 5 mobs in camp. Rains = bad at that point.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

@ 99 it was <3 @ first cast...

The new beam is amazing too. Try it out in Respledent, pull 3 or 4 alarans, establish a bit of aggro on each with the pet, then BEAM... 10k Base dmg to every mob, critting for nearly 40k, for only 1100 mana, no recast delay. Pop twincast and firecore, & you are just a machine gun.

Get another mage and it's a party!
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Cielli wrote:@ 99 it was <3 @ first cast...

The new beam is amazing too. Try it out in Respledent, pull 3 or 4 alarans, establish a bit of aggro on each with the pet, then BEAM... 10k Base dmg to every mob, critting for nearly 40k, for only 1100 mana, no recast delay. Pop twincast and firecore, & you are just a machine gun.

Get another mage and it's a party!

Fire Core doesn't work on AEs
Last edited by Fleiss on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.