Things I need at 90

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Kwahn

Things I need at 90

Post by Kwahn »

First of all, thank you to everyone who posts here. This is the absolute best place to go for not only magician information but general EQ information as well.

That being said, The latter is more of the information i feel I need. My situation is this...I, and a couple friends recently have come back to EQ. Being the old farts that we are, we play alot. The issues we run into having been away from the game for so long are that we really don't have a good idea of where to go and what to do and where to go to get gear etc. We read on the internet, but that only gets us, we feel, the mainstream stuff that the casual folks are doing to level etc.

Upon hitting 90, I went to the Bazaar and bought as much of the cheap level 90 mage armor etc that was available. Didn't fill every slot but got a bunch of stuff. After doing the two tasks in Argath that I can do every 6 hours and are soloable, I look around and just simply wonder where I should go what I should do. What other tasks are out there that I can be doing to level. What are some great solo spots that are "off the grid" or that I simply don't know about.

The guild we fell into is "lacking" in information, the people are friendly enough, just very casual.

Anyway. enough blabbering. I guess I am asking for some good suggestions on where to go as a solo/molo or even as a group (although kinda noobie still) to camp gear, do rewarding tasks etc. We want to level, be as well geared as possible and have a lot of fun.

thanks for taking the time to read this :)
micker
Elementalist

Re: Things I need at 90

Post by micker »

Well, get the best pet focus item you can. Find a named mob that drops the best EM item for your level and camp it. If you are on FV server, buy the best EM item you can afford. That and the best fire focus arms and magic focus hat you can get. You could be naked, besides those 3 things and still do good lol.

Box if you can, you can do way more content. Soloing is doable, but slow and boring in my book.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

there are quite a few augs you can hunt at that level. i spent about 3 months during voa going back and camping old augs solo or with a small group. there's a thread here somewhere that has augs sorted by spell damage, and i used that to plan my camps.

the hunter achievements are also nice to see out of the way camps. the reward for finishing hot hunter is a 20 slot bag, and you get smaller bags as a reward for each tier. i still plan on doing voa hunter at some point as well, which has even nicer bags. one of my favorite quests of all time is jonas skeletal hand series in tbs. it just amazes me they crammed so many unique camps in one zone. i had a similar respect doing the hunter achievements. the hand aug is outdated, tho. the dark soul crystal is an aug series in sof iirc, and i still use that aug today. if you decide to complete the dark soul crystal, you can sell the individual quest rewards to tavid in the guild lobby. he's not far from the magus. he buys the rewards for 1 chronobine, and you can buy them back for the final combine. just don't blow your chronos on housing.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

If you're a gold account, be sure to have your Ldon spec conj/evo augs. Lots of threads on them, just do a search.

Other than that, you'll have more fun taking on challenging content rather than going back to do old stuff. I know i do. HoT and beyond is where you'll find this challenge.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

you do realize he isn't raiding, and you need raid gear to use the ldon spec augs.
Being that he is in low cost bazaar gear at lvl 90 (and doubtfully has raiding lvl 100 friends), he cannot get any raid gear worth a darn. I'm sure even SoD gear is way to hard for a broke lvl 90 mage with few AAs and bazaar gear - with EM of probably 7/8 since the EM12 item costs a ton of money.
Vincentt
Conjurer

Post by Vincentt »

Yep. I'm not a raider either. But for those spec augs I killed some easy old world mob for the slot. I figured he might have some junk in his bank from earlier eras. And lets not forget Fableds are coming! They give 600 mana items iirc, so the mana pool loss shouldn't be too painful.

I lose ~1800 mana from pool, but for me it's worth it.