Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Ezlano

Re: Recent patch causing aggro-link between Pet and Mage

Post by Ezlano »

It is also happening with our clicky pets. I used both before beginning my burn and my agro shot up instantly so I believe you are correct, Voragath, in saying that all pet spells are somehow being attributed to the owner.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I have PM'd Aristo about the issue. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him about it later today or tomorrow and find out more.

Thanks for all the information everyone.

If you have more information to add, please post :)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Ok, here's an update. As of now, it's unknown what's causing the issue. Aristo is aware and the issue has been kicked up to figure out why it's happening and to find a fix.

I'll give another update if/when I get more info.

To be clear and to stop any rumormongering: Anything wrong with them is just that bizarre issue with EQ when you mess with code. Stuff like: x item now displays blue but oh, look, doing that makes mounts disappear in zone y now...hmmm
Skeptical1
Trial Member

Post by Skeptical1 »

FYI, this is not just with Fire pet. 60th level mage in Blackfeather Roost on Povar with 59 level Air pet. If I hit pet attack before any spell cast etc, then the mob comes straight for the mage, even before the Air pet casts the DD

Tirdale- Povar
Thanasis

Post by Thanasis »

Vora,

You mention a pet nerf in the CRT appliciation thread, do you refer to fixing the pet agro-link issues, pet raid tanking or something else?

Thank you.

Thanasis
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Thanasis wrote:Vora,

You mention a pet nerf in the CRT appliciation thread, do you refer to fixing the pet agro-link issues, pet raid tanking or something else?

Thank you.

Thanasis
They are working on a way to make it so pet tanking a raid is not possible.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

Voragath wrote:
Thanasis wrote:Vora,

Thank you.

Thanasis
They are working on a way to make it so pet tanking a raid is not possible.

Hope this doesn't end up applying to old raids like from SoD or Underfoot otherwise I will be pissed to put it lightly. grouping / boxing old raids keeps the game interesting after I run out of group content and i've already completed everything in RoF :(
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

SoE isn't happy if any of the player base is.... :P TBH they could give a smurf less if players can't 1 group / solo the older raids. They will just push a patch and hope for the best, just like they have in the past. I don't see what the big damned deal is about pets tanking raid mobs anyway, if a guild wants to use pets with the problems that can come from pet tanking then let them, wtf difference does it make anyway?

If its really such a big deal why can't they just add a anti summon nuke to whatever the raid mob is hitting (ie on PC's it does nothing and pets its deadly)...

Also, just as an FYI, vora, before you call a thread a "fail" you might want to actually understand whats being said first... and what are you thinking about when you say parsing isn't important? IMHO parsing is like 1/4 of a CRT members job. If your not parsing data that would explane a great deal about whats been going on with the class in general.

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote:
Also, just as an FYI, vora, before you call a thread a "fail" you might want to actually understand whats being said first... and what are you thinking about when you say parsing isn't important? IMHO parsing is like 1/4 of a CRT members job. If your not parsing data that would explane a great deal about whats been going on with the class in general.

Savil
I did read and understand. I stand by my statement. I hate information that runs like, "this is broken." It's like taking a car to your mechanic and saying, "it's not working right now fix it." Need some data. It's ok if you don't know how to get the data or what else is needed; just ask someone to check it out.

Well, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. Is something wrong with the class? It seems we have gained ground over the past few expansions. And yes, I parse.

Really, you need to quit jumping on me half-cocked--you just look like a jerk every time and it's lame. I have some influence on the class but I can't fix it. I work closely with the devs on issues and do my best for resolution. Parsing is 0% to do with that. The devs know what we can do dps-wise and they know very well where they want classes. I do what I can and in the end it is still the devs' decisions.
Last edited by Voragath on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Half-cocked, interesting considering your comments earler... ;) Most of the old CL's always parsed... alot. If it weren't for the people parsing the mage class wouldn't be near what it is today. By your own words on this board you have shown how little value you have for parsing, thats damned sad considering how imporant it is to the class.

Parsing isn't just about DPS vora, if you really understood the class you would understand that. Its a damned shame PJ didn't get the CRT slot. Honestly, you're not much better than Tuli, before long you'll be asking for goofy summoning spells, or stupid pet toys nobody but you would use.... *grin*.

"that thread was fail", half cocked indeed.

Savil