SoE Live (Fan Faire) 2013 - topics

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Danille

SoE Live (Fan Faire) 2013 - topics

Post by Danille »

August 1-4 in Vegas at Planet Hollywood.

Please utilize this thread for important mage specific topics from all community members (solo, group and raiding mages) who have active EQ Live subscriptions.

A few topics sent to me from the mages so far are:

- Fix Kidrukian or get us a single buff similar :P

- Divine Companion broke!

- Seems our Elemental forms get overwritten by other buffs

- Pet takes more damage, would like a better heal since "Pet takes more damage " :P

-Fire pet aggro is wonky! Mobs summon the mage instead of the pet (typically experienced when engaging mobs at less than 75% hps and prior to other players building enough aggro) The fire pet should always be summoned b4 the mage, unless the mage is over nuking.

Please post more important topics if you have the desire! :)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: SoE Live (Fan Faire) 2013 - topics

Post by Piemastaj »

What is wrong with Kildrukaun? Divine Companion works how it is supposed to.

Elemental forms being overwritten is impossible to change so they both work. 3 of them are spell procs which you can only proc once per cast, so even if both were on the higher proc rate would still take precedent.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

Anyone else have any mage issues or topics to discuss at Fan Faire/SOE Live?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:
-Fire pet aggro is wonky! Mobs summon the mage instead of the pet (typically experienced when engaging mobs at less than 75% hps and prior to other players building enough aggro) The fire pet should always be summoned b4 the mage, unless the mage is over nuking.
This is in for QA. About a month ago I had Aristo poke them again. Another poke at FF would not be a bad idea.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Okie dokie It is on my list!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:Okie dokie It is on my list!
I may bring this up to Aristo again on Monday. It's a big issue IMO. I was playing around on a lower mage and he was able to out aggro the air pet with ease. When I was that low level, that was not a possible thing to do. This makes it extremely difficult to solo as a low level mage as they have no way to manage aggro other than spell casting subtlety. It slows down killing to the point it takes twice as long to kill as it used to because you have to wait, then nuke, then wait again, then nuke, then wait again. I remember it being wait until mob hits about 90-80 (depended on how fast mob was dying) then start nuking back to back until mob was dead.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Yeah I concur. It is a PITA! I'll circle around to reinforce the issue.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Fan Faire (SOE live list)

1) Fire pet agro
2) Innate spell casting subtly (base stats) need to be higher for low/mid level mages - nukes over aggroing mobs
3) Divine companion aura
4) Better heals either cast times or amount healed
5) Pets coming out at 72% health
6) Pets showing in agro window, causing mages to chain summon their pet to drop agro is stupid and annoying.