Remote Relentless Servant

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Janiblis
Magician

Remote Relentless Servant

Post by Janiblis »

Has anyone played around with this spell (REMOTE Relentless Servant) and found a worthwhile use for it yet?
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: Remote Relentless Servant

Post by dorfillya »

If you are trying to use multi-key binding, remote servant is about useless. If you cannot use multi binding for chain casting, and you are a distance away from the target mob, you can get a couple extra seconds of servant DPS using remote. But, frankly, I consider the spell virtually worthless and have found no real good use for it.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

If you are trying to shield from AEs behind a wall or something it is a good spell, since you can cast without LoS. If you are really godo with your bind and notice when it comes up it could be great but potential for loss is always there. I hardly use it.
Danille

Post by Danille »

The range on it is amazing!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

In addition to the corner casting:

It has quite a few uses and more uses will come with creativity. The RS pet does WAY more from behind. If you can get close to the mob, I keep Fluffy to the front and RS to the back.

Alternatively, if you like using RS as the tank, you don't have to worry about mob position; once fluffy is behind, just cast the RS to make sure he lands right where the mob's front is. This can also help with aggro because it allows RS more time to build hate over fluffy.

Another good use is keeping the mob at a distance to reel fluffy in for some reason or in case fluffy plops. Keep casting RS way out there to give you more time to get a new pet out since the mob will have to travel farther.

A similar use for distance is to put fluffy on a close mob and the RS on a distant one. No more worrying about bad pathing or timing the cast so the mob is far away. You can put fluffy on the close one, and constantly drop an RS at the far away mob's feet.

Those were just a few uses I quickly found when testing it out in beta. I originally was using it as a pulling tool but decided to play around some.

The biggest drawback is moving your pointer around to cast and funky things can happen. I had many mishaps where the target ring wasn't were I'd expect it to be or I'd get some error about placement. I was getting better with some practice, though.