Please explain..

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Please explain..

Post by Summerfrost »

Been a while but I'm thinking of returning to EQ. I just read on the EQ forums a 12 page misinformation document that made me a little confused. Can anyone explain the new pet buffs and the proc blocks to a mage that hasn't played in a few years? i.e iceflame and some new maloxxx

EQ Forum title was: "Mage Pet Mitigation stealth change"
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Re: Please explain..

Post by Summerfrost »

oh and if anyone would be so kind as to drop a good UI to me I can copy and modify so i dont have to re-do everything....sigh. preferably one with demi socials =((
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Iceflame - Pet buff that procs Prism skin and a DD

Maloseniac Eminence - Pet buff that procs prim skin and procs a debuff.

During VoA we received an AA called Virulent Talon. This AA procs, when maxxed, a 37.5k DD.

It was said that the buffs Iceflame and Maloseniac Eminence compete with the proc of Virulent Talon. So during a burn it is best to drop iceflame/maloseniac, to maximize the number of procs from VT.

The rest of the drivel in that post, ignore and try and enjoy any comeback you may make. :D
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

You also should know that virulent talon has a set number of procs, and then fades. Sorry, I don't remember the number of procs off the top of my head. If you do not remove maloseniac or iceflame eminence, you will still get the full number of procs from virulent talon, it will just take a little longer for them to all proc. If you are trying to maximize your DPS over a very short time period this might be important. If the time period of your DPS is longer than, say, 2 minutes, removing either eminence is probably not necessary.

People trying to get a 60 or 90 second maximum burn will want to drop eminence. But, I find, in actual raid or group situations, dropping eminence to be generally not needed. There is no raid mob that we are killing in 90 seconds. I generally want eminence to proc on raid mobs due to various AEs. Stopping to heal my pet is certainly bad for my maximum DPS. And, in the group game, there is little needed to HAVE to get all virulent procs used on any one mob, even a named.