Pet level

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
sildiil
Trial Member

Pet level

Post by sildiil »

I've just returned to EQ after 10 years away and I'm enjoying it so far. I have a question about the current state of pets.

I remember back in the day that it was random what level pet you summoned within the acceptable range for that level pet summoning spell (does that make sense?)

For example, let's say at lvl 8, you'd summon the air pet and it could be a blue, white or yellow con. Of course if it was a blue con, you'd dismiss/reclaim and keep re-summoning until you got the yellow con pet. At higher levels (if I remember correctly) all the pets were lower level than the caster and the only way you could tell their level difference was based on how hard they hit a mob.

I heard that somewhere down the line they changed it so that the pet would be max level on the initial summons so we don't need to keep re-summoning for the strongest pet. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Pet level

Post by Voragath »

Pets have a predetermined level. Each pet has a base level and then a level adjusted based on what focus you have. None of them are variable. It is also possible to have a pet of a certain spell be all the same level for many focii.

Basically, they are no longer variable; they are fixed level.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Pet level

Post by Tweelis »

The biggest change you can do for your pet is to give it armor. Your pet automatically comes with whatever armor you can summon yourself but higher level mages can summon better armor.