Spell Line ups

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Spell Line ups

Post by Merlaina »

Only 76, so some spell lines aren't available to me yet:

Group (pet tanking):
Bolt
DS
Fickle
Switch out Burnout/Aura/Iceflam/Granite Stance
Pet Heal
Elemental Symbiosis
Burning Aura
Core of Air
RS
Wintry Paradox

If I don't already have a doomcicle (our nickname for the wintry paradox summon) and a mob is low-ish when I get a GOM proc I summon one instead of summoning a RS that wouldn't get a full duration. Against elementals switch out ATU for bolt, and take granite stance out of the misc slot and replace the heal with it.
Ellements

Post by Ellements »

Piemastaj wrote:Solo/Group:

Heal
Fickle
Bolt
Jolt
RbS
Twincast
PRomised Rejuvenation
Malo
Grounded Stance
Aegis of Kildrukaun

Raid:

Heal
Fickle
Bolt
Jolt
RBS
Twincast
Depends
Malo
Mod rod
Aegis of Kildrukaun

Lies!! To have a raid spell line up, you have to log on and raid! :evil:

I.E, log on and blow stuff up with me sometime.

Elle
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You suck at reading! lol, I work during raid times and smurf so I really can't raid atm... :evil:

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Igniz Facere

Post by Igniz Facere »

Sillaen wrote: Also I cast 3 sets of rods before each named fight, so no one should ever ask me for a rod during a fight. I never keep that memmed.
Seems my pawns are too spoiled -.- if i dare giving them some lesser rods, i'll be designated as maintank for the next encounter O.O

The allmighty hammer of artillery, beneath which all things are rendered equal
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Igniz Facere wrote:
Sillaen wrote: Also I cast 3 sets of rods before each named fight, so no one should ever ask me for a rod during a fight. I never keep that memmed.
Seems my pawns are too spoiled -.- if i dare giving them some lesser rods, i'll be designated as maintank for the next encounter O.O
Hehe, well this is how I look at it. (rk. 2's)
Ethereal = 996 mana/click
Prime = 800 mana/click
Elemental = 656/click

Let's say someone clicks a rod 1 min into fight and religiously every 5 mins after. That means 16 mins after fight starts is when you'd need to move to the 2nd rod. How many fights last 16 mins?
Let's assume this particular fight goes past 16 mins. I refuse to spend the time and 540 of my own mana to give someone a rod that would amount to a difference in 588 mana over 15 mins (196/click or < 4 mana/tick) between the 1st and second rod. The 3rd rod is just for insurance in case for some unknown reason you are still fighting the same mob after 31 mins.
Igniz Facere

Post by Igniz Facere »

Hehe, youre taking it for granted my beloved slackers allways destroy their used rod and get a new one via MGB ... I tried this dozens of times ... didnt work ... its really annoying to announce "New Rod incoming in 3 minutes, please destroy your old one" and then get about 50 "Duplicate Lore item is not allowed" messages :P So basically, instead of typing my fingertips bloody before an encounter, i just wait for the lolly-snackers to tell me when their rod is gone and refresh them on occassion :) Because I can be SURE ... as soon as the fight starts, someone realizes their rod is already gone -.-

The allmighty hammer of artillery, beneath which all things are rendered equal
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Yeah, think you are running into the same problem as me. Too many people think these things are "emergency mana" clickies. They don't seem to grasp the concept of clicking it early then again towards the end to give them a little extra mana. So, what happens is that different people are clicking at all odd times and think that one charge is all they are gonna need on next encounter. /smack Oh well, maybe one day....

I just cast it on the fly in encounters. I usually unmem canni then cast one of these. I don't get requests very often so it's no big deal for me. I think most people in my raids just don't care to use the rods and let them rot in their inventory lol
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Voragath wrote:Yeah, think you are running into the same problem as me. Too many people think these things are "emergency mana" clickies. They don't seem to grasp the concept of clicking it early then again towards the end to give them a little extra mana. So, what happens is that different people are clicking at all odd times and think that one charge is all they are gonna need on next encounter. /smack Oh well, maybe one day....

I just cast it on the fly in encounters. I usually unmem canni then cast one of these. I don't get requests very often so it's no big deal for me. I think most people in my raids just don't care to use the rods and let them rot in their inventory lol
Yeah. I used to evangelize rods once upon a time. When OOC regen hit no one cared anymore. Except me, in groups and raiding.

I use all 3 so I don't have to re-summon in-flow. When I know I'm going to be using a steady flow of mana I start hitting them after the first nuke, then every 5 minutes thereafter.

Ethereal = 996 mana/click
Prime = 800 mana/click
Elemental = 656/click

So that's (996+800+656) = 7356 mana over 45 minutes (450 ticks) so 7356/450 ~= 16 mana/tick.

If someone wanted to nitpick he might add in the mana cost and reduce that some but I cast them when I'm "down".

16 mana/tick isn't a lot but it is better than nothing. Considering the massive mana boost we got in the last couple expansions these guys haven't scaled, which again underlines our need for better mana regen.

I would love an "emergency mana clickie" Big Rod. Self Only.

Yeah, Self Only Big Rod.

Isn't that what every Mage wants?

Bara