Underfoot Spells

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Underfoot Spells

Post by Darkenr »

Thanks much for the insights Mend, it really is appreciated. It's very sad to see that things are starting to go downhill for eq in general right now. I just really hope eq still has enough breath of life left in it to keep chuggin along for a few more years yet. But I do see where you're coming from and where the devs are coming from on this. You can tell just by the general attitude of the devs right now on beta/live that their spirits are a little dimmed or hurt right now. I've been noticing they've been a bit more touchy the past 6 months, which kind of shows a little bit of the stress around the workplace along with having to deal with all of us "passionate" players heh... :(

Oh well, I mean if we don't get a lot of the changes we want this go around, hopefully there's a next year's beta that we can try to work with the devs to get some things fixed, and who knows, eq might be in a better state next year too..
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Voragath wrote: If we take Wire's stance and it turns out to be hard, then those changes will take precedence over the other issues that are really much more important such as the poor/unusable spells; as we all know, overly difficult will turn into a bitchfest on the eqforums (as usual, groupers saying too hard and raiders saying too easy :roll: ).
LMAO. It has already started--a few days before I made the above post, apparently. Go read the last few pages and take some popcorn for some real entertainment.
Funkeye

Post by Funkeye »

OK, back to the topic. Im looking for a complete spell list of the new mage UF spells and how they are obtained, if at all possible. Aslo, is Rasper doing a site for this expansion also?? thanks!
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Funkeye wrote:OK, back to the topic. Im looking for a complete spell list of the new mage UF spells and how they are obtained, if at all possible. Aslo, is Rasper doing a site for this expansion also?? thanks!
Yes, but it's not going live until the 22nd, I believe.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See his note.
Funkeye

Post by Funkeye »

So, i got the pre-launch done and have fun in UF so far, but I haven't seen a single Mage gem drop.Now, the boomerang game has been a blast.
So, does anyone have a list of what spells made it live?? Lucy dont have the info and allah's is confusing, any help will be greatly appreciated
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

They are listed on Raspers including what zone they drop in.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Funkeye wrote:So, i got the pre-launch done and have fun in UF so far, but I haven't seen a single Mage gem drop.Now, the boomerang game has been a blast.
So, does anyone have a list of what spells made it live?? Lucy dont have the info and allah's is confusing, any help will be greatly appreciated
I believe the gems are borked atm. They are supposed to have a class (and level?) attached and they don't. Not sure if the fix has gone in yet or not but last I heard it won't be until the next patch they do.
Eladrel

Post by Eladrel »

Mindrix wrote:Was going to post something about a lot of what happened, but I realized again, I put my account (and my guild and my name) at serious risk just going around the edges. So a more condensed version:

3 coders + Nodyin were on EQ from January through late April. Full staff wasn't on until late May. Zones are done normally 8+ months early from an expansion, for various reasons. So design time was way, way too small. Then new AA and Spell Devs.

Devs went silent on multiple occasions and the CLs could not get any responses. New Devs are far harder to get things fixed with than the old ones, but that's mostly from not having Nodyin around. Dev staff is at least 3-4 ppl lower than it was during SoD, probably more (they move people from other games to help for a while). UF is on a shoestring budget.

The Beta vs Live issues that Kozvar talked about are mostly from Level expansion problems. We did see Tower last. And I sent the Devs 2000 words on fixes and tuning issues. About 2 things were fixed on Live when we got there 2 months later. Player power was a whole lot higher than they expected or designed for. (They also forgot a very important trick on Beta: for high-end content, tune it beatable, then tune it up 10-15%, then it's really hard on Live; Beta raiding just isn't raiding on Live)

There's been a pretty big falling out among the CLs and the Design staff. That's been pretty evident for a while this beta. Things got messy after the expansion was pushed back. Granted, the CLs were ringing every bell possible before it was. UF looked like it wasn't going to happen there for a few weeks, honest. What happened behind that scenes around the push back, I don't know, and I'm pretty sure no one else does, or at least not the whole story. I imagine it was very, very messy. It also happened at the same time as they announced layoffs. Yeah, was a really wonderful time to try to get anything fixed when most of the Devs were probably concerned for their jobs.

Lot of strung together and odd thoughts, but I'm tired and I have to tread very carefully what I talk about. Wire being CL wouldn't change much of anything, really. Devs would just ignore him, like the rest of the CLs. The Beta forum posting is a reflection of someone investing the time to post. It used to get results. This year, it really didn't, but talking and explaining to the Devs problems hasn't been getting much of any results, period, for many months now. It's left a lot of bad blood around and I don't forsee it getting much better, not with how badly some of the stuff is going to Live right now. I imagine they'll fix a bunch of the stuff before the launch of the 15th (compared to the early Launch), but UF development was a mess and a lot of people aren't happy. Add in being ignored on really, really serious issues (Rallos Returns, anyone?) for many months, and you start to get the picture that while some Devs might care, SOE really doesn't. When you've been playing a game on & off for 10 years, you get a bit defensive about it being killed by neglect more than anything else. When SOE can't even maintain their games for profit-motive reasons, it's pretty sad.
Just reading bits and pieces of this thread is pathetic. I can't believe how far this game has fallen. I can only imagine how much better and more popular EQ would be IF the devs/Sony cared.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

What a load of hogwash.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

lol Rasper, to what hogwash are you referring?