New mage aura problem

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Zacatac
Conjurer

New mage aura problem

Post by Zacatac »

Wire wrote:Arcane Distillect is just an upgrade to Rathe's Strength with the damage mod increasing from 10% to 15%. The effect is the same for all 3 ranks, making each upgraded rank 100% usless.
However, a mage posted on SoE.

While I am very fond of the increase in damage mod for my pet I am considering using the old version. First off this spell is center on me the caster. My pet now runs out of range. Before it was a buff on the pet that created an aura around him, or something to that effect. I really wouldnt find it a huge problem however I know can not use a handful of my clickies. The icefall aura clickies, the mm circle of mana clickie all can not be used now while I have this buff. If it was intended to be this way I feel like an obselete spell has been created. Pahlease make this spell more like the old pet aura, this was 1 of 2 spells I was planning on using from Underfoot.
I don't have the spell to verify, but it is an issue if true. The whole point of the aura is to increase damage of our pet and all surrounding pets, and they are all by the mob, not next to the mage. This doesn't work if the aura is centered on the caster.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Re: New mage aura problem

Post by Mindrix »

Got it tonight. I'll check.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Yup, it's cast on us. Seems to also kill Rathe on the pet, but need more testing.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Okay, This will take having a few pet classes around to test, but it does kill Rathe's from showing on the Main pet. However, I can't check if it's killing its ability to "aura" it.

Aura has about a 60 foot Range at the moment, Arcane that is.
Raneern

Post by Raneern »

From what I saw early last week it looked to be a group effect and not an Area effect. Also looked like Rathe's was altered to be a group effect.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Raneern wrote:From what I saw early last week it looked to be a group effect and not an Area effect. Also looked like Rathe's was altered to be a group effect.
True, and true.

How many swarm pets does your raid use? How many would be affected by this nerf? What is the DPS reduction implicit here?

This has been estimated.

Wire posted regarding both these issues, in detail, during beta, and awhile back. Feedback on these spells is only a global " we are looking at all spells and considering re-tuning".

Currently, the spell department's operation, feedback, and responsiveness is a Benny Hill re-run.

Hopefully that will change sometime in the next year.

Bara
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Baramos wrote:
Raneern wrote:From what I saw early last week it looked to be a group effect and not an Area effect. Also looked like Rathe's was altered to be a group effect.
True, and true.
Are you sure they changed Rathe's? I don't see anything in Lucy. My spell is still landing on the pet same as before, auto-targeting the pet when cast.

2009-06-08 20:01 Changed Unknown229 from to 1
2009-06-08 20:01 Changed Unknown231 from to 1
was last changes listed.

Again, I don't have the spell (probably nobody I raid with does), so I haven't seen the overwrite issue yet.

IF Rathe's is staying the same as always, and the new one is going to stay messed up, I'd say tell all mages not to use it and keep using Rathe's.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Zacatac wrote:
Baramos wrote:
True, and true.
Are you sure they changed Rathe's? I don't see anything in Lucy. My spell is still landing on the pet same as before, auto-targeting the pet when cast.

2009-06-08 20:01 Changed Unknown229 from to 1
2009-06-08 20:01 Changed Unknown231 from to 1
was last changes listed.

Again, I don't have the spell (probably nobody I raid with does), so I haven't seen the overwrite issue yet.

IF Rathe's is staying the same as always, and the new one is going to stay messed up, I'd say tell all mages not to use it and keep using Rathe's.
Rathe's still hits our pets but the aura is then only cast on our group's pets but not every pet in proximity like it was originally designed. Wire did post about this about 2 or 3 weeks ago in beta. I didn't see a dev response to either of our aura issues he pointed out. Several of us then chimed in on our position asking for the arcane distellect to be moved to our pet instead or have the aura range greatly increased. As it stands, don't really expect anything out of our new spells. None are worth the effort imo. Like our "harvest" joke. It costs mana to get mana and the net result will be 750 mana the majority of the time. I think Wire ran some numbers and it looked to nearly coming out to be a nerf. That's just like AD, it is, in its current state, a nerf to Rathe's after Rathe just got ninja nerfed on live a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy your swift kick in the balls by sony. :lol:
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

Wow, so we're down to one marginally useful spell now? Has anything changed with the others to make them worth using (the DS or the heal recourse)?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Well the mana regen one may seem useless, but in playing with it it lets me add 1 to 2 mobs in per respawn cycle while soloing, so it has some use. Just have to click it every time it pops.