Underfoot Spells

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Rasper

Re: Underfoot Spells

Post by Rasper »

Glaven wrote:lol Rasper, to what hogwash are you referring?
The absolute drivel posted above that if it were true would constitute a major breach of at least 2 NDAs
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Rasper wrote:
Glaven wrote:lol Rasper, to what hogwash are you referring?
The absolute drivel posted above that if it were true would constitute a major breach of at least 2 NDAs
i) Mindrix is in my experience an honest guy, an advocate for Mages and things Magely, has been around awhile, and is not prone to hyperbole.
ii) The post can be seen by inference (and directly from those of us in Beta) to have many elements of truth. Just look at the spell "hogwash" and the "drivel" of an explanation we were given re: the current spells in UF. The parts I(we) are not privy to I believe because of Mindrix's longtime professionalism and integrity within the community.
iii) It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see that (Rallos Returns, anyone?) is a valid, still-existing example of indifference, unprofessional behavior, or negligence, or any of the things cited by Mindrix - take your pick. Put that drivel in your pipe and smoke on it awhile.
iv) Citing NDA "breaches" ? Are you serious? Consider the above context and then talk about honor and integrity. You are just flailing your arms and blustering with that nonsense.

To be fair, you have offered enormous service to the community-at-large in Norrath.

Tell you what Rasper. Why don't you post something meaningful and actually refute it in a reasoned way instead of coming here and crying "hogwash". Show examples. Stipulate. Make an argument, and don't just pick one thing out of context and say "see?" That's the EQForums method. Tell us why his post, IN THE MAIN, is Hogwash and Drivel. Because I think you are full of it.

All you did is throw out another one-liner. Obviously that is the nature of the EQPlayers Forum, where that crap substitutes for thinking and reason, but if that is all you want to offer here, keep your drivel in your wallet.

Bara
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Dev team size - wrong
Communication down - wrong
New devs harder to get things fixed - wrong (I had lots of chats with them about spells / aa)
"falling out among the CLs and the Design staff. " - not that I've seen, but then he hasn't been in chat more than maybe twice in the last 2 months
"UF looked like it wasn't going to happen there for a few weeks" - blatantly false

So yeah, drivel and hogwash about sum up the start of his post about general state of affairs. And its taboo to discuss CL opperations and Beta process. I expected more from someone I respected.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I don't know either way regarding the community leader interactions, but after seeing the state of mage spells going live, yes there is a problem. Ample suggestions were made in beta, almost none of which were done. Be it communication, lack of manpower, whatever.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

Hey I hope you're right Rasper. This thread took off in general because we felt we weren't getting any feedback, and what we have heard since is a lot of frustration from betamages on our spells and their overall experience in beta (AAs seem to be fine). Somehow I don't think they are all wrong. I don't know if you keep up with mage stuff on Atlane, but it seems as though 3/4 of our spells are not even worth memorizing at this point. I understand no class was intended to get a large power increase from spells in this expansion, but useless is another story. Either way, whether or not you agree with Mend, I welcome your opinion on the matter. Just give us a little more than "hogwash", that's all.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Malleria wrote:I don't know either way regarding the community leader interactions, but after seeing the state of mage spells going live, yes there is a problem. Ample suggestions were made in beta, almost none of which were done. Be it communication, lack of manpower, whatever.
The state of the spells may be exactly what they wanted (a bunch of cutesy flash/effects with no real boost and little utility) so any suggestion we may make to improve them would in that case fall on deaf ears. Our boost this expansion comes from the AA's (those 20 for the garg extension alone are huge as the parses last night showed), so I can live with the cutesy spells. And while Chaotic Boon seems utter crap in practice, Thaumatize Pet is helping out some soloing (I can get 1 to 2 more mobs in a respawn cycle), so they aren't totally useless.
Tnexus

Post by Tnexus »

Gonna have to side with Rasper on this one. While it's true some Devs were pulled temporarily to work on other projects way back at the end of last year/early this year, they had others on the added to the team you just never saw posting.

Communication I saw plenty of this year even though I was somewhat out of the loop towards the end due to getting married and whatnot. I had no problem keeping up to date with posts they were responding to and such.

I can't really communicate on the Mage spell issue seeing as I'm not a mage, but at least for stuff I have to weed through for Rangers, a lot of "suggestions" end up being something ridiculous to try and code, overpowering, or not in the spirit of the class.

--Tnexus (another CL)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, Thaumatize was to help with the raid mage also. Wizzies are often times outlasting the mages on longterm dps. No reason a wizard should outparse a mage in a 10 minute fight. Thaumatize isn't coming close to fixing that issue.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Rasper wrote:Dev team size - wrong
Communication down - wrong
New devs harder to get things fixed - wrong (I had lots of chats with them about spells / aa)
"falling out among the CLs and the Design staff. " - not that I've seen, but then he hasn't been in chat more than maybe twice in the last 2 months
"UF looked like it wasn't going to happen there for a few weeks" - blatantly false

So yeah, drivel and hogwash about sum up the start of his post about general state of affairs. And its taboo to discuss CL opperations and Beta process. I expected more from someone I respected.
Oddly enough, the original post has done wonders. I didn't break any NDAs. Some of my information was wrong, but all of what I posted I figured out on my own, not from CL or Beta info. But that wasn't hogwash.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Tnexus wrote:I can't really communicate on the Mage spell issue seeing as I'm not a mage, but at least for stuff I have to weed through for Rangers, a lot of "suggestions" end up being something ridiculous to try and code, overpowering, or not in the spirit of the class.
There were a great many VERY reasonable (even selling ourselves short at times) suggestions to get our spells up to scratch. They were completely ignored.