AA question

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
boondocksaintz

AA question

Post by boondocksaintz »

I was looking at the list of recommend AAs and there were a few on the list that I couldn't find in the AA window:

9. Quick Damage 3 - 3/6/9 (77) *?
21. Fury of Magic Mastery 3 - 4/8/12 (224) *?
29. Lightning Reflexes 5 - 3/3/3/3/3 (296) *?
30. Reflexive Mastery 5 - 5/5/5/5/5 (321) *?
39. Innate Defense 5 - 3/3/3/3/3 (490) *?
40. Defensive Instincts 5 - 5/5/5/5/5 (515) *?

Thanks
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Re: AA question

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Quick Damage is on the class tab I believe.

The rest of the AAs you listed no longer exist, because a while back they consolidated many AA lines that do the same thing. For example, Fury of Magic Mastery is now just additional ranks of the Fury of Magic AA, likewise Lightning Reflexes is the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th ranks for Combat Agility, Reflexive Mastery are the next ranks, and Innate Defense and Defensive Instincts are Combat Stability AAs.

Also, I would probably ignore a "recommended AA" list that has AAs listed like that, because it has to be very, very old, and we have received a lot of new AAs since then.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

Those are older descriptions of AA's that were unique to that expansion. Now they just up AA count on a category.

Lightning reflexes, reflexive mastery, etc are part of the incoming melee avoidance line of AA's now called Combat Agility.

Innate defense, defensive instincts, etc are part of the incoming melee mitigation line of AA's now called Combat Stability.

Fury of Magic Mastery is part of the Fury of Magic line of AA's.

Quick Damage is under the "Class" tab.
Image Image
boondocksaintz

Post by boondocksaintz »

i have played melee all my life on eq, my first main was warrior, then it was rogue. i really dont know what AA's to get for spell casters without reading them, i am leveling this mage right, taking breaks from leveling to AA periodically so i actually learn the class and what not. thats why i went to a guide. this is my first spell casting class.