sooo.... about that COH thing?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
pandax
Arch Magus

sooo.... about that COH thing?

Post by pandax »

So when are mages going to get cross zone COH already? I've been looking for this feature for.... 4 years now?
Vermi

Re: sooo.... about that COH thing?

Post by Vermi »

And on a related note- how about "Be the Hero" and port you to the target?
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

never going to happen. Devs have said that. Coding wouldn't be the issue, but exploiting the heck out of it would be. Imagine having a bard (or monk, or necro, or sk) getting to sweet spots through all the lovely see-invis, and having it be as easy to simply have the mage port there, then CoTH the group. Would make things way to easy, and the devs won't do it.

As far as cross zone, i believe the main problem was coding that in.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Redius wrote:never going to happen. Devs have said that. Coding wouldn't be the issue, but exploiting the heck out of it would be. Imagine having a bard (or monk, or necro, or sk) getting to sweet spots through all the lovely see-invis, and having it be as easy to simply have the mage port there, then CoTH the group. Would make things way to easy, and the devs won't do it.

Pfft.. thats already being done. Go get smacked by some mobs, get the bard/monk/necro/SK to drag ya, pop merc get a rez, COTH the group.

Only difference would be no need to resummon pet, rebuff etc. No skin of my nose, survived 9 years w/o it but it would be a good spell to have.
Last edited by Daiou on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

While that's being done, you lose the exp, all your buffs, and time. The devs aren't going to make it any easier than that. Honestly, they shouldn't. It'd be way overpowered.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Redius wrote:never going to happen. Devs have said that. Coding wouldn't be the issue, but exploiting the heck out of it would be. Imagine having a bard (or monk, or necro, or sk) getting to sweet spots through all the lovely see-invis, and having it be as easy to simply have the mage port there, then CoTH the group. Would make things way to easy, and the devs won't do it.

We have cross zone targetting.

We have cross zone teleport options.

Meh, it really shouldn't be that hard :P
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

As a group mage, cross zone CoH would be great. But, as a raid mage, I don't know. Every raid would be "Send the mage to CoH our lazy butts out of the hot tub." The mage would have an extra 15-20 minutes of work before anybody else did anything. I personally would rather have offensive improvements before CoH improvements.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Port to any player in your group is a high elf racial trait in EQ2 as of 6 months ago. No exploits there.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I like that idea. Been suggested also, but make it mage only. A mage can reverse call of hero and target a player in your group and port to them. Anyone else would need to be in the zone for a call of hero as normal.

Be a welcome change, and no real exploit as someone needs to be at the spot already. It just makes it so it doesn't have to be the mage to be the first to arrive.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

My idea was always to make it like the campfire. The mage has to summon a stone, make it temporary and lore, that has to be given to someone. Then, we cast reverse coh that takes us to that stone. Making a campfire is way more exploitable than coh, especially since they last so long. Actually, if you think about it, an entire guild could only ever need someone to make that sweet spot once. Get there, drop a fire. As people need rotated through, zone to pok, change members. Can change leaders if the leader has to log. Revolving door there you see. As long as people are there to maintain that spot every 6th hour, you are golden. Hell, you could start off with lowbies, have them die, drag 'em, pop fire. Go to pok, change to real members, done.

You could make the stone summoning an aa with a refresh timer if necesarry, call it 5 minutes? Oh, sorry, clicking the stone creates one of those "FSP-No Effect" things like a campfire is. Make it a crystal shard like from the Vald pit or whatever. Could even put it on a timer to prevent some sort of pulling exploit or such.