Monster missions

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: Monster missions

Post by Merlaina »

Vermi wrote:the only real challange to these comes from forming pickup groups. Are you going to get
-the solo artist who runs ahead of everyone, occasionlly over aggroing and complaining about "noobs"
-the clueless who cannot figure out how to set abilities - how to read the maps - how to move around without aggroing everythign on the way
-the perfectionist who declares the one true way to do each and every pull and refuses to entertain any other alternatives
-the competent player who can play any of the heros and adjust to different mixes of classes
Dear lord, so true.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Merlaina wrote:
Vermi wrote:the only real challange to these comes from forming pickup groups. Are you going to get
-the solo artist who runs ahead of everyone, occasionlly over aggroing and complaining about "noobs"
-the clueless who cannot figure out how to set abilities - how to read the maps - how to move around without aggroing everythign on the way
-the perfectionist who declares the one true way to do each and every pull and refuses to entertain any other alternatives
-the competent player who can play any of the heros and adjust to different mixes of classes
Dear lord, so true.
I agree....WIN!
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

I actually prefer on the two lguk missions that people just split up into ones and 2's and just solo/duo most of the mobs, only coming together if there are nasty spots which require that everyone work together. I will typically box a cleric/mage and just pacify myself to victory. No enchanter needed really. A necro makes their own one man wrecking crew and an enchanter+wizie makes a good combo too. Really there are a lot of different ways to do things with no steadfast rules. I prefer however to do these things as quickly as possible and get my easy aa's ;)

The one thing that annoys me more than anything else is when people insist on charging in and killing every single mob around or conversely, those who insist that no mob is killed other than the named eventually driving the enchanter OOM and creating a situation where you have to med every other named :p

I prefer the "getterdun" approach ;)
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Nice thing about MMs is that they give me something to do when I may not have the time to do something else. I can blow through the 2 Guk missions in an hour combined, and sometimes that's all the time I have, which obviously isn't enough time to get a group going to do something more interesting. I can't really box or solo in UF, and getting a group together to do UF just isn't always possible.

Yes, they are boring, but in times like that, it's generally either do MMs, or grind AAs for myself or my alts in Beza/Zeka that I don't particularly need, which is just as boring.

Of course, I am also in the population that benefits from these the most (I can buy the raid gear, and much of the raid gear was an upgrade for me when it came out).
Arkendar

Post by Arkendar »

Finally got my account up, waiting on the long patch (yay 13 hours!) before I can play.
Kept noticing these mentioned, and went to look up the loot. Seems like a nice way to "catch up" without spending hours upon hours contributing nothing in the face of the geared members of your group. I was always embarassed on my monk when I grouped with my guildleader (one of the tanks for the raiding alliance on test server) and wasn't breaking 800 DPS while he was doing like 4-5k. It just isn't fun to play when the group wouldn't notice you going afk.

However, it's made me curious on two subjects.
Seems there are quite a few drops from the MMs, plus quite a few bought with the brews. This means that I'll probably spend alot of time doing these for the upgrades.
Since test server obviously has a smaller population, is it possible to 2box + merc into the MM? I know it was possible to get Dain missions using a merc, but the merc couldn't do anything. These the same, or will I have to find someone else?

Also, is there a lockout time? I notice when people say they do them, they mention doing one or two, but never seen someone mention repeating them.
This leads me to believe there is a lockout timer on them. Am I correct, or will I be able to chain them for gear at a decent pace? Suppose some might find it boring, but I love the guks, so I imagine I'd have quite a bit of fun doing so.

And now back to beating my head on my desk in the hopes it will make the timer move faster
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Arkendar wrote:Also, is there a lockout time? I notice when people say they do them, they mention doing one or two, but never seen someone mention repeating them.
18h timer. You can always check with the /tasktimer command. :D
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

And no, mercs do not count last I checked.