Flippy and pets

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Danille

Flippy and pets

Post by Danille »

Can anyone confirm that pets should not be used on Flippy because if they poof, (RS pets/swarmers) or if they die (any pet) it powers Flippy up?
Redius
Conjurer

Re: Flippy and pets

Post by Redius »

I believe that is complete bs. I've never had a problem with Fippy and pets, and i've never noticed anyone having a problem with it in our raids.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Don't see any evidence to support this. We've killed fippy many times with swarm pets all over him. We've also had wins with lots of player deaths, so I kind of doubt they're doing anything either.
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

Fippy powers up several times but due to the event script not pet deaths.
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

They may have changed the event so this is true for one stage at least, but I have no evidence to verify it yet. It definitely was NOT the case prior to the last patch.

If it is true, the devs need to get their heads out of their asses and take pets into account in scripts, since they're over 60% of our dps now.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Swarm deaths/poofs haven't contributed to kill count power ups in quite some time. Very very unlikely they'd suddenly change it. Like Dongin said, the power ups are a part of his usual script that was previously not working correctly.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

This happens every expansion: "ZOMG we can't beat the event! Pets! Yes, pets are smurfing the event! They're responsible..somehow.." Nothing has changed, intentionally. If anything at all has changed, since the devs themselves said they did not touch Fippy, then it is a bug. I've already let my guild have it for posting this drivel on our boards. It's like this: swarm pets would be no different than pet deaths, there's more of them than pets, so the powerup would be 20-100+ times more than a single player / pet death (read insta-wipe), and Brekt has the same mechanic and there is no wipe with swarm pets. It's failed logic and the age old hate for pets rearing it's head.

Seriously, can we get the devs to just post that pets don't effect the raid mechanics like this? EVERY expansion, btw.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Received a definitive answer today!
Inbox :: Message
To: danille
Date: 02/18/2010 12:16:43
Subject: Re:Banning pets on Flippy raid
Fippy has no PC or PC Pet death mechanic.
Glaven
Elementalist

Post by Glaven »

Actually one oddball bug my guild has seen just in the last week or two is that pets are somehow opening up tubes prematurely in Tower 3. Has been a mage pet both times we've seen it, no flipping clue how it could have happened, but confirmed in logs. Anyone seen this? We've had tower on farm for quite a while now and just recently have we seen it. The only theory we could come up with is that the new pet tap spell was doing something unexpected, as that is the only thing we can think of that has changed.
Danille

Post by Danille »

if any PC or pet fights a mob too close to the tubes this can happen. It is not just pets its any player too.