Gyrospire Beza

Not quite at the level cap.
zinophate

Gyrospire Beza

Post by zinophate »

This is to provide a little insight to my experiences with Beza and Zeka. Just like my previous post on Thal, you can obtain a mission for these two zones which will only involve your group being in the zone. I have been typically using this to lvl my baby mage and get some aa's at the same time before I finally start progression officially in SoD. I have tried both instances and let me say that for AA, Beza is the way to go. I get around 9% AA/kill (at 400 aa's) and my baby gets around 14%AA/Kill (at 50 AA's) in this instance (always including one merc cleric making up the group of 3). My experience with Zeka is the same %/AA but probably better for reg. exp due to mob level increase. Which ever you choose, your instance will start with this guy...

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=26791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

for Beza simply walk up to him and say "first" and for Zeka, just walk up to him and say "disrupt". I find Beza to be easier simply due to the level of mobs 78-81 as opposed to Zeka which is 80-83 but your miliage may vary. These tasks do not respawn, (i.e. once you kill that static mob it wont ever respawn in the instance). Therefore this can make for a fun sat afternoon mission where you might need to go afk multiple times. For the areas of interest, the layout is the same in both zones (see below). What I do is just request the instance zone in and kill all mobs in red circle. Then I drop instance ( you get booted right back to fortrus mech. upon doing so - 2 min waite time) and just request instance again. Re-enter, wash and repeat mode. Easy pickens, and I hope some of you can find this info usefull even though it is old.

And yes, I know I spelled "Minotaur" wrong but didn't feel like re-editing the map....
Redius
Conjurer

Re: Gyrospire Beza

Post by Redius »

One word of warning, make sure you have Lev on when you drop task....after you get booted out of task and reappear in FM, you do so several feet above the ground, and if you're not lev'd, you will fall to your death.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

To rerequest the instance what is the minimum time between getting them? I can normally clear the clockworks around the red section pretty fast (under 10 minutes easy) then do the rest of the outside for the rest of the lesson burn. However doing it your way looks much better but if it's something like 20 minutes between requests then it's no good for some of us.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

No lock out timers. Get the mission, zone in, pop lessons, mass carnage, drop task. Repeat.
Image Image
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

hows the loot ? do any of those mobs in the red circle drop the root and or snare clickie? and what about spells?
and, which of the trash drops are worth cash and which ones only fetch a few copper =P

thanks

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
nako
Conjurer

Post by nako »

I've never seen a spell drop from instance, PP drops are the non-clockwork gears (high quality, titanium, etc), mechanotablets, and various diamonds. The root/snare clickies are a zone rare from beza instances, anything can drop it. I've burned several hundred lessons in beza, and seen 2 snare clickies and 1 root clicky, plus somewhere in the order of 100 zone augs. Yeah rare.

-nako/saryrn
MeatnPotatoes
Elementalist

Post by MeatnPotatoes »

well my bard is almost 81, and my mage that i box with the bard is almost 77.. i can already take on beza by myself.. (just not nearly as efficient as when i have help.. but i was just hunting in the static beza.. when i found out that the mobs dont respawn, i figured ide have to go back there.. espessially since the instanced beza comes with task exp when completed. =)

ill probably be there untill my mage is 82 or 83.. or.. if the xp is good enough ill just stick around till 85.. but hopefully ill be able to get at least 1 root and 1 snare clickie for my bard. then i guess its off to do some Boomerangs or something for gear upgrades. lord knows i need em!! lmao

-MeatnPotatoes
Erolissi Marr Server
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Thanks for the tip. I've found this to be a very easy instance to solo in (no need for the merc with promised/ToE procs). I was burning through the entrance mobs in about 8-9 minutes and got one of the augs (still need the other more caster oriented one). Actually got it first kill in the instance.

I also suggest, if you can stomach the quest, getting the gyrospire relocation device from the Gyrspire Relocation Research quest. The collecting of the gyroscopes is pretty easy (SHIP one is a bit of a pain), but the climb to the top of both gyrospires is a real PITA. However once you finish it you can teleport to the rooftop of either gyrospire, which are almost always open, and have a nice competition-free camp. As a bonus, the clicky is instant-cast, so unless there's some restriction from clicking it in combat (never tried it personally) I don't see why it can't be used as an emergency evac to a gyrospire. Oh, and you can score a Gearmost Core on the beza rooftop.
Sunlace

Post by Sunlace »

What's the lowest level for the second character? 75?