Arcane Distillect Rk.2

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Zacatac
Conjurer

Arcane Distillect Rk.2

Post by Zacatac »

Apparently I'm missing something on this spell. After getting the spell last night, I load it up, and can't get it to cast.

"You do not have sufficient focus to maintain that ability."

I realized I'm a UF noob, but I dont' remember anyone saying the spells we get can't be cast by some. What's the problem?

:?:
Maneki Neko

Re: Arcane Distillect Rk.2

Post by Maneki Neko »

Hey Zac :) I don't have that one yet, but it sounds like an aura, according to Allakhazams (1: Persistent Effect: Unknown Spell). Did you have another aura running at the time?
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Yes, it's an aura. It is supposed to be an upgrade to Rathe's Strength. But it's not acting like rathe's strength.
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

because the aura lands on you, not your pet like Rathe's strength.
Maneki Neko

Post by Maneki Neko »

Not sure then. The only time I've seen that message is when trying to cast an aura spell when I already have one running.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

The aura if set around you but you don't get a buff icon. If the pet is inside the aura (close to you) pet will get the icon. The cast is like 0.1sec so often feels like it didn't go off. More so if you lag a bit then you might not even see the cast window cast it.

If you're getting the message "You do not have sufficient focus to maintain that ability."

Means its on you already. Atleast its the message i get when i double cast it.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Daiou wrote:The aura if set around you but you don't get a buff icon. If the pet is inside the aura (close to you) pet will get the icon. The cast is like 0.1sec so often feels like it didn't go off. More so if you lag a bit then you might not even see the cast window cast it.

If you're getting the message "You do not have sufficient focus to maintain that ability."

Means its on you already. Atleast its the message i get when i double cast it.
Ok, maybe that's the problem. When I cast a buff, I expect to see something show up like a buff icon either on me or the pet, and I wasn't seeing anything and kept casting. Not convinced this "upgrade" is really useful over Rathe's Strength which does go on the pet.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

it does show up...in the 'aura' window, which is similar to the song window...but different...for auras :P:P, from this window you can remove the aura which will allow you to recast/rebuff it before it wears off normally
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

I've never had a problem with it so far. Only time my pet loses the buff is while travelling. Aura range seems big enough. And it adds a good chunk more DPS than rath.

In short, stand next to pet, cast and pet should get the buff. Park him and move back till it drops and voila, you know the max distance to be from pet. ;)
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

jack96jill wrote:it does show up...in the 'aura' window, which is similar to the song window...but different...for auras :P:P, from this window you can remove the aura which will allow you to recast/rebuff it before it wears off normally
Ahh now thats news to me. Closed that window a loooong time ago since nothing ever went there hehe. Thanks for the info !