Pet focus in UF and progression...

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Aither
Elementalist

Re: Pet focus in UF and progression...

Post by Aither »

Wire and I were all over the pet focus increase this time around. Group foci go to Enhanced Minion 6, and Raid foci were bumped up as well to Enhanced Minion 9, 10, and 11. These new foci are all found on earrings, which in my opinion is a horrible move from the wonderful implementation of pet foci on type 3 augments in Seeds of Destruction.
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

Voragath wrote:
Redius wrote:I seem to recall reading/hearing somewhere that the highest group pet foci would be EM5 for this expac....I could be wrong, I have precisely zero evidence. Just a hazy recollection (as most of mine are).
It should be since we only got up to EM 9 now. One rank of EM for this expansion for both. Previously, the highest group was EM 4 so a bump up to EM 5 for group would fit the pattern they have been using.
Not sure about raiders only getting to EM 9....lucy has references to pet foci at EM12. True, those might be just there as placeholders, or to test things...but they've been up since the beginning of this expac several months ago /shrug.
Trazadone

Post by Trazadone »

Outta curiosity, with the recent patch changes making tier 6 mobs weaker, has anybody tried to solo and if so what were the results compared to at UF launch?
https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1776429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Redius wrote:
Voragath wrote:
Redius wrote:I seem to recall reading/hearing somewhere that the highest group pet foci would be EM5 for this expac....I could be wrong, I have precisely zero evidence. Just a hazy recollection (as most of mine are).
It should be since we only got up to EM 9 now. One rank of EM for this expansion for both. Previously, the highest group was EM 4 so a bump up to EM 5 for group would fit the pattern they have been using.
Not sure about raiders only getting to EM 9....lucy has references to pet foci at EM12. True, those might be just there as placeholders, or to test things...but they've been up since the beginning of this expac several months ago /shrug.
Lol you and Don above you posted at the same time. So, it looks like we did get our 3 ranks increase like we wanted. Now the question is, do they follow the tiers? I'd say the new raid focii are found in tiers 7, 8, and 9. Similarly, I'd expect to see EM 6 in tier 9 for groupers and EM 5 in tier 8 (just as the bronze hoop does). Anyone have any hard info?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

EM6 is on the Double Loop of Companionship , a group item, found by RondorNorador on 3/13. Unfortunately he didn't list, or the collector didn't pick up, what mob he got it from. All Rasper's site says is it drops from something in Convorteum. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=110511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the raid ones (EM9 to EM11), none have been found yet as far as an Alla's, Magelo, or Rasper check shows. EM9 should show up off an Arth, UQ, or Foundation raid...EM10 off a Kernagir, Lichen Creep, Fungal Forest, or Brell's Temple raid...and EM11 should be out of the Convorteum raids. Whether that plays out we will have to see, but what can be said is it no pet focus drops off the Brells Rest, Cooling Chamber, or Grotto raids as those loot tables are fairly well known and nothing is there yet. Arth, UQ, and Foundation loot tables are just now getting explored so I would expect to see an EM9 pop up soon...the other two are going to be a while.
Vardamur

Post by Vardamur »

Voragath wrote:
EMIII was the highest focus in SoD for a non-raider.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Well I currently have EM6 aug and will most likely have EM7 aug in the near future (just need to beat 1 event in Tower). So it sounds like there won't be an increase in group focus vs. casual SoD raider. I'm still better off going with the SoD augs.
Oniuyen_of_Test

Post by Oniuyen_of_Test »

EM 6 up on Lucy now. Double Loop of Companionship
Oniuyen Dipp
70th Magi of Intended Consequences
Test Server
Magelo
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Oniuyen_of_Test wrote:EM 6 up on Lucy now. Double Loop of Companionship
Hehe Svenalo beat ya to it. Look 3 posts up from yours :D
Eanelder
Elementalist

Post by Eanelder »

from the eq boards:
Twisted Handmaiden [convorteum] drops the EM6 earring, spawns in 1st floor of the pyramid. There is a little hallway on the west part of that floor, with 2 apexis guards at the end of it in the little room. There are 3 bellikos standing beside each other up on that raised area, all 3 can be PH for the handmaiden that I've seen.