AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Post by Tweelis »

qibrme wrote:
Tweelis wrote:I still want an AA that makes our gargoyle pet come out pre-shrunk. An AA for our aura would be cool to, maybe even an upgrade to Rathe's Strength. Something along the lines of 3/6/9 cost for a 5%/9%/12% damage modifier increase.

An expendable AA set that gives our pets better armor. Make it something like 9 AA's for intricate defiant plate, 18 aa's and our pet will get a set of elaborate defiant plate, 27 aa's and our pet would get a set of elegant defiant plate. If you or your pet dies, it'll take another 9/18/27 aa's to reequip a new pet.
Think I must be reading this wrong.
Are you really saying you want expendable AA's to cost 9/18/27 to armor equip a pet?

That made me really LOL

Suediwenae...
Why not? It would give people an option to get better gear for their pet without having to wait for the gear to show up in the bazaar. There's plenty of mages that are max or near max aa's and this would give them something to spend their aa's on if they want a beefier pet. I just tossed out the numbers as an example really as it would be up to the designers to figure out the real numbers. It wouldn't even have to be defiant armor but even something along the lines of 5 AA's per 50AC/250HP/5shielding/15avoidance. This way if a mage is expecting to have some really hairy fight they can bank 30 aa's and get a fully decked out pet.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

I would like an "Stable Gate" AA so my gate doesn't collapse. The one I've been casting 10 years. I have taken to mem'ing Gate in hairy places b/c of the long recast of the AA.

As far as Pet Armor is concerned I too would like some means of customizing my pet with better armor through AA or non-bought-spell means. The pet focus is one path. I would like to see an alternative path too. Expensive is fine with me - would be a nod to the pet-centric, pet-rabid Mage (Is there really any other kind of Mage?), and/or to the Mage with a passion to spend AAs to better his pet, whatever the cost.

I'd spend 1000 AAs to bump my pet up to some next level of fierceness. Yeah as I'm writing this the more I like the idea of being able to differentiate pet through AA with a high time-cost. It was the idea of AAs to start with, giving you some alternative way to beef up (whatever you're interested in), but that has been homogenized by diminishing returns and AA inflation.

1000 AAs isn't likely to get cheap anytime soon.

Bara
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Oh one more thing.

I don't jump on the "Jboots are slower" bandwagon as a rule.

But I've been getting 2 to 5 collapsed gates a day for some time now. I've taken to getting screenshots of them for a collage of "oh brother" eq stuff for my own amusement.

It is getting irritating, yeah. If the RNG is doing it to me, then I have had the longest streak of crappy luck I can remember in EQ.

Bara
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

An AA to never get a collapsed gate again, count me in.

Expendable AA's for pet gear that you need to re buy if the pet dies? Count me out. Expendable AA's for pet gear? We play a mage. We make something from nothing (ok we make it with mana).

If you want a new spell or ability for better armor for all at a one time cost great, not something you buy over and over again. Sorry not going to be worth it if we get the 2000 points of new aa's I hear is the number needed. I know to some worth it, but not to me, and I don't want pets handicapped that SoE says ok all mages will buy it so instead of getting to that point with summoned gear they now make it the cap with expendable aa bought gear. Will they do it that way? They could and that is a good enough reason not to like it.

Again velocity aa usable indoors as well as outdoors.

Swap pet aa (always worth mention no matter how many times it is said).

Cross zone call of hero as someone already said.

I like the pet doesn't die if suspended aa idea.

Would like a pet enrage button. Cast it pet enrages no matter what it's hit points are. Reuse 1 hour. In addition to normal enrage.

Pet mega taunt aa. Allows the pet to taunt a mob off a player.

Calebe
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

An AA to never get a collapsed gate again, count me in.

Expendable AA's for pet gear that you need to re buy if the pet dies? Count me out. Expendable AA's for pet gear? We play a mage. We make something from nothing (ok we make it with mana).

If you want a new spell or ability for better armor for all at a one time cost great, not something you buy over and over again. Sorry not going to be worth it if we get the 2000 points of new aa's I hear is the number needed. I know to some worth it, but not to me, and I don't want pets handicapped that SoE says ok all mages will buy it so instead of getting to that point with summoned gear they now make it the cap with expendable aa bought gear. Will they do it that way? They could and that is a good enough reason not to like it.

Again velocity aa usable indoors as well as outdoors.

Swap pet aa (always worth mention no matter how many times it is said).

Cross zone call of hero as someone already said.

I like the pet doesn't die if suspended aa idea.

Would like a pet enrage button. Cast it pet enrages no matter what it's hit points are. Reuse 1 hour. In addition to normal enrage.

Pet mega taunt aa. Allows the pet to taunt a mob off a player.

Calebe
Yeah didn't notice the Bold part. That wouldn't be my thinking, either.

Bara
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Oh the enrage thing. I like that, particularly since Earthen/Granite stances get swamped so fast now that they're not worth using on current content (too bad, was a great idea.)

Bara
wablabus

Post by wablabus »

i really like the idea of the mage only rod, it is the most likely scenario to happen that will benifit us, i dont forsee a harvest aa so much as an mage only mod rod thats clickable with no re-use time on the rod but has say a 10 minute timer on the spell itself, so that way it balances us to the point where we cant just keep turning ourselfs into our own vending machines as we were to others in luclin/pop
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

Would like to see a command either via aa or standard to the effect of /pet disarm. Would remove whatever weapons our pet currently has equiped to change them out.
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

I would love to see an AA that extends frenzied burnout to hosts and rage pets you have out. It would allow mages a limited burst dps increase where you unload all your pets, then haste them all.
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

Another idea: pet focus for rage/swarm pets so they only attack what you tell them to.

Also nice would be a way for the pets to get a new target instead of standing around doing nothing (assume you cant get hit by mob)

Finally a toggle state for pets that allows them to either stop when a target is mezzed or break mez - enchanter ae mezzes are giving me the smurf.