AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Anything relating to the magical arts (pets, spells, AAs).
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: AA Suggestions for Underfoot

Post by qibrme »

dorfillya wrote:
qibrme wrote:
.....Therefore any mage only mana tap/rod/reclaim/etc needs to at least allow one cast of RS which presently cost around 3.2k IIRC, so the Underfoot RS has to cost at least 3.5k to 4k mana.......

Suediwenae...
I don't think there will be a full compliment of spells, as SoD had, since there will be no level increase. Therefore, I would expect no Underfoot RS. Sony has said (I think) each class is to get a few spells (2-3?) and they would be unique spell types, as opposed to the routine bigger nukes and bigger pets type of spell increases of past expansions. I do have a fear that this expansion might give big increases to melee, while casters get minimal increases, but, that remains to be seen.
Even so, we need more than 2k mana to make it worth while IMO.

Suediwenae...
Last edited by qibrme on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I agree with Sued, I was replying to the 2k mana suggestion, but 2000 mana isn't much at all anymore. 5000 mana would be a bare minimum but what about 10k mana? Shaman can canni for that or more, wizards can harvest, and now mages need something to get our mana up quickly as well.

Calebe
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Calebe wrote:I agree with Sued, I was replying to the 2k mana suggestion, but 2000 mana isn't much at all anymore. 5000 mana would be a bare minimum but what about 10k mana? Shaman can canni for that or more, wizards can harvest, and now mages need something to get our mana up quickly as well.
Calebe
The biggest AA-canni for shaman can be found on lucy:
Cannibalization
Slot Description
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 6000
2: Increase Mana by 3600

Maybe not a good idea to start a request with unprecise facts.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

I should have looked, however:

3600 mana as you said but you left off:

2008-09-02 16:15 Changed Fizzle Time from 2.5 seconds to 0.0 seconds
2008-09-02 16:15 Changed Recast Time from 69.0 seconds to 0.0 seconds

Even at a 69 second recast timer that is a lot more then 10k mana with a 5 minute recycle rate.

Calebe
Vaddok

Post by Vaddok »

The shaman AA canni has a reset of about 2 minutes. Do not have the exact time but its pretty close to that.
Haiden

Post by Haiden »

That is the AA Canni and the recast time is 3 minutes not 69 seconds or 2 minutes. It comes out to 1200 mana every minute from it which would be 6k on your 5 minute scale.

I will say as a Shaman that a larger chunk of mana over a longer period of time is going to be better for a mage than a short reuse smaller mana conversion. That will start to cut into your DPS more and will not get used everytime it is up. I use the AA canni every time it is up, the spell canni I use to about 50% of its effectivness if I am really paying attention because there is just too many other things to cast that are far more important. So go for a large mana ammount with a decent cool down it will be far easier to employ.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Haiden wrote:That is the AA Canni and the recast time is 3 minutes not 69 seconds or 2 minutes. It comes out to 1200 mana every minute from it which would be 6k on your 5 minute scale.

I will say as a Shaman that a larger chunk of mana over a longer period of time is going to be better for a mage than a short reuse smaller mana conversion. That will start to cut into your DPS more and will not get used everytime it is up. I use the AA canni every time it is up, the spell canni I use to about 50% of its effectivness if I am really paying attention because there is just too many other things to cast that are far more important. So go for a large mana ammount with a decent cool down it will be far easier to employ.

Exactly my point Haiden.

The cool down period can be adjusted to whatever the DEV's feel will give the balance they see fit.
5k mana with a 5 minute recast is 1k mana per minute compared to the 1200 mana per minute that Shammies get (although I don't see why we should not get the same mana per minute that any other class gets.)
I would even be willing to go to a 10 minute recast timer for 8k mana or 800 mana per minute.

The point is to give us enough mana to actually do something -- DPS of course, but about the time magicians start to go OOM on long fights, you can bet there will be healers and other casters that are going OOM as well. And of course the named is at 12% health :o
We all know that there are always people who forgot to destroy their old rods with only one charge left when the raid magician called out that he/she was casting mass rods during buffs.
We should have enough mana from a self only ability to at least cast mass rods or and RS in my opinion

Sued...
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

Form same Lucy also:

druid:
Granvida Rk. II
1: Increase Hitpoints by 5219 (L82) to 5249 (L85)
2008-09-02 16:15 Changed Mana cost from 972 to 885
still cost 885 mana

shaman:
Dannal's Mending Rk. II
1: Increase Hitpoints by 5229 (L83) to 5249 (L85)
2008-09-02 16:15 Changed Mana cost from 972 to 885
til here shaman heal was identic to druids heal

then canni-balance 30% increase in manacost:
2008-09-29 19:46 Changed Mana cost from 885 to 1144

a lot of core-spells for schaman have been balanced against their canni. What would those manaregen do for the mage if it comes with a 30% manaconsume-increase to most of the core-spells?

I would't go for something like the "big canni rod" or a bigger petcanni. Some well noticed, somewhat evenly distributed, additional manaregen eventually will get the treatment to be balanced again, when maybe a dev changes his view to it.

much better is the druids way, noone notice as much as canni and its much less likey to be balanced against in further expansions.
Spirit of the Black Wolf (just 3 lines not all)
1: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 20%
6: Increase Mana by 60 per tick
8: Spell Crit Chance (6)

Runs 2 minutes an can be recast every 10. Its 60 mana-tic but also 20% stacking manapreservance.
If I want to burn this named or adds on an overpull, its easy to burn throught 25k mana in 2 minutes. 20% of that would be 5k mana.
And those 20% manapreservance for 2 minutes scales nicely for a loong future, an x mana per tic falls back each expansion and need an upgrade. For those with an 30k manapool + Kiss clicky one can count for 40K mana burned from which 20% would be 8k mana.
(For those raiders burning the big target of the night).

So 20 * 60 - 1.2k mana from the manaregen + 5 (to 8)k mana if I pull it when I need to burn. And some crit-chances ontop would't hurt either. Call it "Elemental alignment" or some similar and you are close to where you want to be.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Seems highly unlikely mages would suffer the same mana cost increases as shaman, simply because the risk is greater to mages. Shaman can heal themselves back up, mages cannot.
Zatpus
Elementalist

Post by Zatpus »

If not raiding and using group-hot nevertheless to keep the party alive, I think its more likely a shaman is going to click a hot-pot insteat of burning part of the mana gained by canni to heal himself. The same way a mage would be able to click a hot-pot. This statement would be easy to argue over. I think the canni-balance to the spells the shaman recive because of canni and not because they are priests.